Home Contests & Challenges Archives

Weekly Challenge #9-2 Steampunk: dur23pants

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
dur23 polycounter lvl 19
Ok, i think i can finish at least 1 thing 3d this year. Hopefully its this.

Concept: This suckers was meant to be a battle droid. His role was on the front lines in some of the most fierce steam-wars. But now that the great steam-wars have ended they needed a new use for these great machines. They sent them back to the factories to be fitted with new parts. Thus i give you serverbot.

server_bot.jpg

oh hell nah!

Replies

• iMag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iMag polycounter lvl 18
    lemme guess it'd waddle along like a penguin?

Tis looking good so far. btw don't tell me to join in. I have work and personal issues to deal with. not to mention improvng my drawing skills.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    It's a cute idea. If the high class society of the late 19th Century had access to steam powered labor, I'm sure they would have invested in little butlers and servants. I think the earliest steampunk images were of robotic men pulling carriages instead of horses. The phallic shape of that smoke stack adds some humor to the design, but it doesn't seem to fit the concept, too large. The other segments of the bot look more computerized than they should, but in a silly Jetsons sorta way. Shouldn't be too difficult to model.
  • dur23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
    steam_mod1.jpg

mags: im definetly gonna go with your bow tie idea.

elysium: The smoke stack has changed to be more economical. The who high class society thing was exactly what i was going for. thanks for comments.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Cool. All those polygons should round out this little guy nicely.
  • Cork_Soaker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cork_Soaker polycounter lvl 18
    I like this little guy. He's got character in an R2D2 kinda way. The back-story is funny. I can imagine him constantly pining for his more glorious past.