Home General Discussion

Forza Motorsport: Don't you love it?!

Ryno
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Ryno polycounter lvl 18
I worked on this game for the better part of a year. Needless to say, I am quite happy that the game is averaging 95% ratings. Woot! http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/920720.asp

If any of you like racing sims, be sure to check it out!

Replies

• AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Congrats. I remember seeing the "real life vs. gameplay" vid of this - looks incredible.
  • TelekineticFrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TelekineticFrog polycounter lvl 18
    Ryno I'm liking Forza a lot. Played it this morning at work because a producer asked me if I'd like to check it out. To my surprise one of the first cars I could get was one that I drive daily (Nissan S14 Silvia). I played around in the test drive mode and tuning the car a bit for the first go and had a lot of fun just with all the details I'm allowed to tweak. Racing was a lot of fun as well. I really am having fun with the point A to point B races. Funny thing happened my 2nd race, green light to go and I didn't accelerate immediately off the start and a car hit me from behind and left scuff marks on my rear bumper. Seeing that detail was even included in the game and seeing damage done to the car is a nice touch. I'm going to pick up a copy tomorrow. Congrats on a great racing sim. Cars look great too. Any assets you can claim in game?
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    It's definitely a good game.

Too bad Microsoft didn't put the ability for true force feedback into the XBOX's DirectX, so there will never be a true force feedback wheel.

Nevertheless, it's my favorite racing game, better than GT4 IMO, graphics and gamewise (besides the lack of FF).
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    This game looks amazing. I can't wait for my copy.
  • joolz8000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joolz8000 polycounter lvl 18
    Congrats man- that looks awesome!
  • iMag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iMag polycounter lvl 18
    quite a beautiful game. only complaint is one I saw in a review and I agree with is the really weak music selection. thankfully there's the option to put your own soundtrack in which helps that issue. just need to setup a good list of tunes that go good with driving.

My issues with gt4 are how weak and lackluster burnouts are on cars that easily should be able to burnout. not to mention no tire marks. may be a moot point, but after 4 iterations of the game you'd figure they'd add it in.
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    Glad you guys are enjoying it. I agree about the butt rock soundtrack though.

I was an environment guy, and did a lot of stuff on the Test Track circuit and Oval (houses, vinyards, trees, etc.), some stuff on Silverstone (Camera trucks, crowd populations, miscellaneous props), the Vancouveresque track (tons of props, gas stations, buildings, signs, miscellaneous stuff), Tokyo (lots of buildings), New York ( a couple of buildings) and I did a bunch of less visible stuff such as track collision, guardrails and cones, etc. for numerous tracks.

I'll try to whack out some renders of the stuff that I did, and pimp it when I get a chance.
  • JonMurphy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonMurphy polycounter lvl 18
    Props from one race game environment guy to another. Looking at picking up Forza once I have cash again. Haven't had a deep car game since Sega GT on the Dreamcast.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    I don't have a X-Box frown.gif ... yet...
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    Just added some of my stuff to Pimpin N Previews, if you are curious.