Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

monkey

Mojo2k
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
well i'm helping astro with a project together and i made this today after work, first character i've modeled completely in a loong time, so crits are welcome but be gentle the clothes were rused on for last minute to and will be tweaked heavily Monkeyfolk2.jpg

the hair will be done with alpha plane and done seperatly

was using this as a reference guide monkey_king1.jpg

Replies

• KMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KMan polycounter lvl 18
    Oh, good god. Was that why you were watching whatever it was that you were watching this afternoon? :S

Even out the spacing of the segments on the tail. Might need to add a segment or two more.

This almost looks like it'd be good put into Jedi Academy. laugh.gif
  • PeteJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeteJ polycounter lvl 18
    is that monkey as in monkey magic style?
    looks good so far anyway mojo, hope you get as much character into the face as there is in that image.
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
    looking over it myself i think the nose mouth are on the model needs work, mostly on the model the nose is out further than the mouth, and on the statue the mouth protrudes further, i think the way i have it now gives it a kinda "droopy dog" look i'll fix that after work, along as any changes i see needed from crits,
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Looking great, Tracy.

Yea, I think the face could use a bit more definition. I was also wondering if the legs could use more shape/musculature? Could just be the angle though.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    The face just need a better structure, it doesnt realy have the feel of a monkey much. the jaw line and all doesnt fit much, There is some useless polys on the forhead that I would
    place on the structure of the jaw to make it look more like a monkey

b1ll
  • iMag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iMag polycounter lvl 18
    reminds me a bit of the monkeys in Time Splitters future perfect smile.gif

I have to agree with b1ll about the face
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Change the leather hat for a fez and the coolness factor would jump up by 10! Pretty cool model, I like the feet, it looks like he could get some pretty cool 4 (5 counting the tail) limb/staff combo's going. His monkey mouth could use some work, but really it depends on the texture work you plan to put into it?

Don't forget to put in the 2 poly alpha'ed cheek fluff/fur!
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
    hahaha this is going to be great.

Vig are you suggestion he go disney on us? wink.gif
    http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo....er/aladdin2.jpg
  • Volkov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Volkov polycounter lvl 18
    I think the legs lack detail to a certain degree (In particular around the knees), something about the tail is bothering me but I can't quite put my finger on it, other than that, everything looks good to me.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Monkeys and fezs go together, like mice and fur. It started long before Aladdin. Disney just exploited something that was already there, I know I am shocked also. So I wouldn't give Disney the credit for coming up with the monkey fez combo.

As for the moves, I would like to see him use his feet and tail like another set of arms. While he is punching his enemy in the face with both fists, one of his feet would be punching the body and his tail/remaining leg would be providing ballance. The tail could be holding the staff ready to sweep the enemies legs when he is done punching.

Or as people throw punches at him he cartwheels or back flips onto an arm and uses his feet to catch and hold the fists and then uses the force from the punch and tosses them, landing a few punches with the other arm as they go by.

All hard to animate and I have no idea what kind of project you guys have going on? But when I look at the ref and the model, this is what I see this model doing. So I guess the question would be what the plans for the model? And what is this project you speak of?