Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

website

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
I did some redesigning of my 3d page to make it more art less talk. I Still have a few more things id like to do to the rest of the site such as changing the top icons and making the 2d section have larger thumbnails. What else can you guys think of to fix? Is this new design any better than the old one?

http://www.tgz3d.com/3d.htm

Replies

• nealb4me
    Offline / Send Message
    nealb4me polycounter lvl 18
    Hey, nice stuff. I think one line of explanation for each 3d piece would be nice. Which could be on the main page coming off the large thumbnails.

I think some nicer fonts or design up the top would be good too as you said.

That's all I can come up with for now, it's really good as it is anyways smile.gif
  • Lore
    Offline / Send Message
    Lore polycounter lvl 18
    I know your mentioned your change the top icons. I’m not sure if you're thinking about changing the banners. But since your opening with your 3d gallery, I notice your name is at the bottom (with logo at the top), but maybe on the changing of the top slap your name in the banner next to the “3D” in the white negative space. But then again I like the white negative space for the contrast with your black background.

Do I dare say put a year date next to the title of your pieces. I’m not sure if it a wise idea but I’m just brainstorming.

You might want to update your resume. You're no longer attending UAT seeking a BA. You should have one in what two months in the mail?

And change the wording on this "-Created all the art assets for the 2D platformer game Glace." I suggest [-Created all the art assets on the 3 team, 2D platformer game, Glace.] This will clear up any the confusion you got earlier and got asked that question.

On the links page. I'm reading (grouping mentally) the separate lines of words as sentences and they’re not flowing right. Maybe drop the "Good sites to visit" or reword the whole thing. I'm thinking [Other Great follow Artist's Sites]

PS. I’m sorry I missed the Dark Archer (Huntress) texturing thread. I have a few suggestions if you’re interested regarding the arching process.
  • Thegodzero
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks for the feedback. I changed the bars some, not likeing it too much, but i plan on making a new website over my down time, but maybe not...

No more internet for me for a week or two, so this will have to do untill i'm back online. I'll be online every so often but not with art, just the normal BS that flows from my mouth. Later all, MOVING ROXORS!!!