Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Environment SciFi Scene ... I guess

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Mangled Poly polycounter lvl 18
Just a fun little thing based off a concept from Next Level. this guy is 1013 polys and fills up (1)512 (1)256 (1)128 texture sheets for each channel. I got lazy in some parts but ohwell. Took about 9-10 hours.

nl_pimp_final.jpg
nl_extrapimp_final.jpg

Replies

• rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    looks cool dude, me likes. crits: more lights on the top would show off the detail you got there a little better. also I would make the tech stuff a little more advanced, but for the ammount of time you spent on this it is impressive smile.gif
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    ok ok you win smile.gif

I like this a lot - very well done.
  • Phobos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Phobos polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, nicely done.
    Rockstar is right. Some ambient light at the top would let you show off a little up there, but it looks great.

Care to post to the flats for those of us who are curious? wink.gif
  • X-Convict
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    X-Convict polycounter lvl 18
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    I agree about the ambient lightning. Maybe some sort of lightfixture that not shown in the scene (like the blue retangles on the right)?

I accidently scrolled past the first render and thought: "That looks like Jedi Knight II" and then I scrolled back up and went "Whoa, DOOM III". It never seizes to amaze me how truly fundamental lightning really is in games.

Really cool stuff, not entierly happy with the scratches on the floor, they look a little too uniform and maybe something could be done with shaders on the beam if you tried importing it into, for example, DOOM III?
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    Sounds like you're done with this one. So something to cosndier for the next time I guess would be paying attention to the temperture composition. The center beam is the warmest area, naturally, and then there's another warm on the left, and a cold on the right. I think it lacks balance. Either you go for a warm vs cool atmosphere (in which all but the focal beam is cool) or you make the entire thing warm (or cool, if you have the beam cool too).

Fresh stuff anyways.
  • Mangled Poly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mangled Poly polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks All for the comments, Sorry it took me so long to respond my internet has been down at home.
    All awesome crits and stuff to consider in the future thanks!
    Here are some of the diffuse flats im really lazy when it came to some of these sheets as the spec and bump can hide alot wink.gif
    nl_pimp_texture.jpg
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    MP, what art test is that? id like to do that one for fun as well. Could you give me a link to it.