Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Roman-inspired future warrior WIP.

RageUnleashed
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
RageUnleashed polycounter lvl 18
AC2Thumb.jpg

I'm feeling pretty confident in the posing and such, now I'm going to throw some more extravagant suit pieces on it and then get to unwrapping, critiques very welcome.

Replies

• poopinmymouth
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Face looks good, as does the helmet over top. My big crit for this model, is to have some varying edges. right now it seems like everything is very soft on it. I know it's a low poly model, but it just reads as very bubbly. See if you can work some angles into the design. the helmet is the best in this reguard so far. But the boots and outfit are the two areas I would say need the most changes.
  • usagi
    Offline / Send Message
    usagi polycounter lvl 18
    normally i hate futuristic roman stuff. it just doesnt mesh well. why would they stick to the same style for 3000 years? but i actually like this. so far its not looking too roman

looking at it again i like the helmet. like, REALLY like the helmet. i think the rest needs more of the same detail. oh, and his face could use some work. especially in the placement of the eye
  • JKMakowka
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Looks cool, but the eyes are too far back, and the eyebrow area needs a serious reshape.

Also the roman theme seems to be only visible in the helmet and the shoulders... maybe adding a more roman styled torso armor and leg/arm protectors would make it look more roman.
  • Paolo
    Offline / Send Message
    Paolo polycounter lvl 18
    I think docrob might have an informed opinion on this smile.gif
  • RageUnleashed
    Offline / Send Message
    RageUnleashed polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks for the feedback, stay tuned and I'll have updates up soon.
  • Surgey
    Offline / Send Message
    Surgey polycounter lvl 18
    Cool! It has style. I like it. Keep the shoulderpad! You're gonna give it the overlapping plate look, right?
  • Bradfordart
    Offline / Send Message
    Bradfordart polycounter lvl 18
    I love the design and where this is going. I see a lot of areas with wasted polys, and the rounded look seems to be given off by the fact that you don't have any smoothing groups applied (maybe you are doing that at the end?). A personal preference would be maybe to push the proportions of the body armor more as right now it feels like it flows with his anatomy too hard. Good work though, keep it up.