Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Help with Sea Knight

iansnyder
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
iansnyder polycounter lvl 18
Hey everyone, sorry if this is bad, but I am working on this model for the CGChat comp that is going on right now, but I am getting almost no comments or crits, and I am really wanting some! Here it is so far, still a lot of work to do, but any help is appreciated!

Concept:
seaknight.jpg

WIP model:
seaknightwip.jpg

Please crit! It is a WIP, though, so he is still missing a lot of the armor that I will add over the next few days. Thanks!

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    haha, creepy! Can we get a wireframe front/side?

Also, a little technical info would be great, polycount, budget, etc. Tough call on some of this, knees and shoulder armor(?) looks heavy in work, making other sections seem genereic, head shape may be a bit off. Wires would help me be sure of this.
  • iansnyder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, sorry I didn't post the wires, I will try to do that tonight (not at home right now).

Basically, the comp is we have to create a heavily armored knight of any type we can imagine, under 3500 polys, with 2 512 maps. If you go under the "What I'm working on" link in my signature you can go straight to my thread and look at everything I have so far, as well as look at the specific brief for the comp.

As far as the generic areas of his body, those shouldn't be showing up once I add the rest of his armor, I am sort of adding it segment by segment, so I haven't even gotten to the head or the back and everything.

I agree with the head, I was gonna mess with that next probably. Anyway, excuses and rambling wink.gif I will post some wires and stuff soon, and show you what I have planned for the final. Thanks!
  • todman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    todman polycounter lvl 18
    your drawing is very hard to make out what's going on. Try a pencil drawing and then maybe make it cleaner, or not.
    good luck
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Eek. Four-armed Murlok! If you're looking for a handy reference then World of Warcraft has hundreds of these little fishy bastards. I'm sure it'd be pretty easy to find a handy pic or two somewhere online.
  • iansnyder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated the WIP shot! (See the first post)

Forgot to mention, the model is based off a later sketch I did that has a few changes. Still need to add: back armor, head armor, head light, teeth, numerous other things :P Hopefully I will be able to finish it over this week/weekend. Crits appreciated!

todman: I have a lot more pencil sketches and stuff, I just posted that concept because it is purty color wink.gif Thanks!

Jackablade: A Murlok? frown.gif Not what I was going for tongue.gif Thanks for the idea, though!
  • iansnyder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated the model some:

seaknightwip.jpg

Any ideas for the tail are appreciated, I just slapped that on there. Thanks!
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    I actually really like the concept drawing for this, if it was a bit tighter and more clear (but with the same kind of transluscent feel) it would be real cool.

Dig the model, could maybe do with some other lighting than default? hard to make out the rear shot. Tail looks good to me, maybe you could put a bit of that spiky armour at its base near his spine if you're looking to add to it?
  • iansnyder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's where I'm at, any comments and crits are appreciated! Just look up at the previous posts with the WIP shot and its updated.

rooster: Thanks for the comments, sorry I didn't respond, for some reason Polycount doesn't e-mail me when I get responses :\
  • iansnyder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finished it for the CGChat comp, here's one shot:
    action1.jpg

You can see my submission here:
    http://www.cgchat.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21822

Crits are still appreciated!