Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

alian head

Rastus
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rastus polycounter lvl 18
just getting back into some cg and this is what i come up with

head is about 570 tri's and the texture is a 512 all hand painted

not finished yet i got to figure out how to p[aint a decent metal and fix the seems cool.gif
blah.jpg

if anyone wants to have a go at a texture ill release a sdk

Replies

• JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Looks cool, I really like the drawn light from below. Just the white/black area at the top of it's head looks odd.
  • todman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    todman polycounter lvl 18
    I agree with JK, it draws your eye right away. Why are you building something so low-poly? For practice? I think from what I've been learning it's time to up the polycount quite a bit from what you have, as far as metal, look for a chrome image on line and then cut and paste it in in Photoshop if you have it. Photoshop also has a chrome filter you can use and 3dmax has some cool metal maps if that's what you're using.
    good luck, looks cool
    todman
    www.todd3d.com
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Good start, but right now it is super soft in the texture. The white area looks wierd because it is so much brighter in value. If you wanted to suggest a white skin patch, it wouldn't be that bright. Maybe it's glowing?

Try using a hard edged brush, and don't smudge the values so much. Get some hard edges in like this. http://www.poopinmymouth.com/process/tips/edges.jpg
  • Rastus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rastus polycounter lvl 18
    cheers for the reply yeah the white part was mot ment to be that white more lighter blue but it canda got faded out and it was all on 1 layer with limited history backups so i could not realy fix it but i think i might now