Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Resident evil Police character

Enix
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Enix polycounter lvl 18
Errr...I need some major crits, for some reason i dont think it looks right. Started like 2 hours ago and im baffled. Maybe someone here can help.

leaonwip2cr.jpg

I dont have any direct front or side refs so maybe thats why :S.

Replies

• usagi
    Offline / Send Message
    usagi polycounter lvl 18
    you dont need reference images of this specific character, find one of people wearing similar clothes. it shouldnt be too hard

a couple of quick things though, the forearms are odd. the fold in his shirt above his belt needs work and his pants shouldnt get tighter towards his feet. also, his neck is too thin in the front view. oh, and his torso might not be tall enough, im not sure about that though

hope that helps
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    biggest problem, he has no posture. i know you know that, and you know i think you should work on it (ie. we both know your capable of correcting what is, in essence, a silly mistake.)

he needs an ass. and the forearm is definately quite off, youve modeled it to be quite skinny at the wrist in the front view, whereas the side view is almost no difference between elbow and wrist. hoik the crotch area up just a little, but not too much, and lets see how it looks from there smile.gif

coming along good tho!
  • Enix
    Offline / Send Message
    Enix polycounter lvl 18
    This any better?

leonwip43dm.jpg

Its not looking great so far, but im hoping the skin will fix some of that.
  • vahl
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    it seems you're doing the same uniform Leon is wearing in RE2 so here's a little reference, I think you may already have it but if not, this may help

Model_01.jpg

Model_02.jpg
  • RageUnleashed
    Offline / Send Message
    RageUnleashed polycounter lvl 18
    not bad. As vahl's pics show, some more indication at wrinkles in the pants would help. Also a little more indication at the pecs, as you can see in Leon's armor is a bit tight so some indication of his chest would make it feel more anatomically correct. your edge loops throughout feel a tad too straight and I would suggect making them flow more like the wrinkles in clothes do, particularly in the crotch area.
  • Enix
    Offline / Send Message
    Enix polycounter lvl 18
    Oh thanks! I had the first one, but not the second one, that helps alot ^_^.

[edit]

Rage: Yea, i half assed the crotch :S. I usually try not to because that can become a vital area for deformation. I deleted his ass crack because it looked strange, so now he has a flat ass. Now that i have that front ref, i can fix some of his structure, I didn't know the armour was supposed to be a little tight :S. So thanks alot for that ref.
  • Slash
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    you should buy resident evil 4, **MIGHT BE SPOILER FOR SOMEONE** complete the game, then play again with special clothes. leon will then don his police uniform.