Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

High-Poly head, Ba'al zebul

King-Vitaman
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
King-Vitaman polycounter lvl 18
My first high-poly model, crits/comments appreciated.

Ba'al Zebul the Lord of the Flies and Prince of Darkness.
baalzebul_smooth_ensemble_o.jpg
baalzebul_edged_duo_o.jpg

Replies

• shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    pretty nice!
    i like his nose, its just like mine,
    may have gotten a little carried away with his nostril bump

the thing is unless you had written he was the king of flies, etc., im not sure i would have seen all that. and even now that u have im still not sure i do

its a great base to build the concept of "king of flies" from, tho. develop this.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Baal is called the lord of flies because flies tended to gather at his altars (since the human remains those sacrifices produced are attractive for flies), not because he had any direct connection with flies.

I don't like how the horns attach to the head, the skin around it should react more to the horn going through it. Currently it looks like platforms with horns glued to them.
  • Spinks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spinks polycounter lvl 18
    i like it a lot but i think he needs to look scarier.. apart from the horns he's just an old man right now. angry eyebrows and a judge dredd-frown on his mouth should do the trick smile.gif
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    I have to agree he's not very scary for a high demon .... think more along the lines of PinHead in the scary dept.

The model looks good though
  • DH_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DH_ polycounter lvl 18
    not bad, edge loops seem pretty good, but why is one of his cheeks sunken in and the other puffed out?
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I think he's supposed to look deformed on that side, he's lacking an eye, too.
  • Slash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slash polycounter lvl 19
    He doesnt look like ozzy at all!
  • King-Vitaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    King-Vitaman polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks for the comments and crits everyone, I forgot to say that I modelled him about a month ago, and he has been put onto the backburner for now, although I did make him look a bit scarier, as well as making the horn-lumps have smaller plateau's, looks better now, will get a new render up to update the old pic soon.

Also forgot to mention that the left side of his face is paralysed and especially healthy, that is why his mouth is just kind of hanging open expressinlessly, but I gave him a frown, closed his teeth, and retained the original sagginess. If/when I finish it he will walk with some type of staff, limping on the left side, and most of his facial expression will be from the right-side, his dead eye never blinking and he idly shoo's away the flies that gather at the corners and eat the gooey little mucous treats.