Home General Discussion

Internships???

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Illusions polycounter lvl 18
Ok, now that its spring break, and I have time to do things other than work and school...nah who am I kidding, I still have work, and school work its just I don't have to show up to classes. Anyway...anyone know how to find good internships in computer graphics, but mainly game art? I'm having some difficulty in even locating some, as most of the well known companies either don't offer them, or don't make it that easy to locate information on it.

Like take for instance VivendiUniversal. I noticed they had internship positions open there last week. So I figured I'd do up my resume and send it over there this week, seeing as they had no listed deadline...and their requirements were vague. Now I go and see its down...nice. Not like it was that great to begin with, I mean, they only said to email a resume, and choose a field from their list of postions "art" being one of them. So, after searching Gamasutra for possible internships (they list none), I happened along an article on EA Academy. After looking through their lovely list of requirements for an internship (its like you're applying for an actual job...yet you can't apply once you graduate), I'm getting the feeling that being an EA intern would be no better than an EA employee...

...so...I'm in a quandry. The fact that I live in New York isn't helping much, as most game companies are out of state...

So I'm just looking for help on this. Any at all would appreaciated.

Replies