Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Warrior Creature - Game Character WIP

renderfox
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
renderfox polycounter lvl 18
this is my latest creature. 3326 triangles, not yet started the texture maps. crit away, and please, wipe your feet on your way in... smile.gif

Ankh_Collage.jpg

Ankh_Wires.jpg

Ankh_HeadWires.jpg

Replies

• HonkyPunch
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    this is possibly the most fricking awesome theing i have seen on this messageboard (next to piors glumph) i love it, no crits get to texturing.
  • rawkstar
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG THIS ROX THE KAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCKING AMAZING SKILLez!!!

what does Jiraiya have to do with a gooey ant alien thingie guy?
  • JKMakowka
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Doesn't seem strong enought for a warrior typ of alien, except if you are talking about a warrior with mind powers.
  • renderfox
    Offline / Send Message
    hahaha, im very happy you like it guys, jiraiya is an inside joke that i do put randomly in stuff, hes my fave character too, i also agree that he is not strong to be a warrior but to be honest i only called him that cuz i didnt know wat else to call him, lol, its not like a title or anything, just a temp one sort of, thanks for the concern, keep up the crits!
  • Todd Dinosaur
    Offline / Send Message
    Todd Dinosaur polycounter lvl 18
    ok, eveyrtone likes it, but i don't. here is the reason why.
    i don't likes him, i don't have any emoational felling tworaed him. is he a bad guy? is he good? where is his alliance? the mulscels def is not there. He is weak, i don't feel thrertened by him. happy ST.pats. happy!
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    He looks like some NPC dude you'd talk to in some scifi RPG...
  • Steve Schulze
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    ok, eveyrtone likes it, but i don't. here is the reason why.
    i don't likes him, i don't have any emoational felling tworaed him. is he a bad guy? is he good? where is his alliance? the mulscels def is not there. He is weak, i don't feel thrertened by him. happy ST.pats. happy!

[/ QUOTE ]To be fair, its not exactly easy to convey a lot of emotion through an untextured, unposed model. and I wouldn't say he appeared weak. Theres a lot of power in those legs and the arms and long, fine suggest whipcord muscle like you'd find in a bird. I'd say this thing would be quick and lethal. Probably not much good in a stand up fight but that probably doesn't matter a great deal when you can rip the enemy to pieces before he's had a chance to see you coming... theres a lot of character that can be read from this model, Todd, you just need to use a little logic and a bit of imagination.
  • renderfox
    Offline / Send Message
    well thats more like it guys, i like hearing that kind of crit. as for the emotions, well i think you WILL get more once the texture is done and he is animated, like jackablade said. Todd, im not sure wat u meant by the muscles def, but that will be done with texturing, not modeling, please tell me wat u meant if i am wrong. i am actually going to bring out the bi's and tri's a bit more though. and i really like your description of how hed kill someone Jackablade, its pretty much wat i had in my head when i made him, so if you see the same thing as me then i guess i did get his personality conveyed, at least to two of us, haha, thanks alot guys, keep on crittin'!
  • ScreaminBubba
    Offline / Send Message
    ScreaminBubba polycounter lvl 18
    I like it, very Protoss-ish.

I'd have to agree with some of the other posts on the proportions tho, like in the arms. Perhaps beefing them up slightly might help.

Can't wait to see the texturing.
  • jzero
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    I like it too, and don't worry about the 'emotional response' thing, it's not that important at the default-pose stage. I do think the character has a strong 'alien presence' feel. And don't worry about the skinny limbs, remember that insects have all their muscles on the inside, so this guy could probably rip limbs off. I also like the obscenely-long tongue/mouth unit draped over the shoulder, that's a really good touch of character right there.

I'd give him a really big axe.

(Rockstar, you freakin' fanboy...!))

/jzero
  • renderfox
    Offline / Send Message
    yea the arms seem to be bothering people a little, but to be honest, his muscles are there (texture), but they are suppose to contrast with the huge forearms, at least thats wat i was going for, if it doesnt fly tho i may have to rethink that concept. the idea was for him to be kind of reptilian and insect-like, the texture will reflect that hopefully. thanks again for the crits, keep em comin'!
  • Badge
    Offline / Send Message
    Badge polycounter lvl 18
    BOO NARUTO

hoorah...this...guy....

the model looks great. im a little confused about whats going on with the arms. theyre very skinny, and his forearms are bulky. i think a texture could make this dude just blow our minds.

and how do you like this awesome cold front in orlando?
  • renderfox
    Offline / Send Message
    i think the texture is gonna make or break this character, unfortunately i havent time to even map him yet, maybe next week, im pretty busy as of right now, and yes this cold front really suck balls, even though in my hometown of dayton ohio its even colder bwahahaha!!!, i post more on him as soon as i get a chance, unknown right now...
  • renderfox
    Offline / Send Message
    i have had zero time to work on this and im really anxious to, i just dont wanna get in like 30 minutes here and 20 minutes there, i want to sit down and do a lot on it, but i will post soon my pretties...soon...