Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Zbrushed male anatomy study.

Peaceful Warrior
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Peaceful Warrior polycounter lvl 18
I know there is somthing wrong with his love handle area, and I have hardly touched the hands and feet. But I want some fresh eyes on him to tell me if theyre are any other blaring issues. All crits and comments welcome, good or not so good.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-2/958449/ZmanHead.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-2/958449/ZmanFront.jpg

[img src='http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-2/958449/ZmanFront.jpg' width=640 height=480][/img]

Replies

• johnwoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    johnwoo polycounter lvl 18
    Peaceful...the detail you got on this anatomy study is impressive..proportions looks anatomically correct to me...this is some seriously good work...hope to see more work like this from ya.. wink.gif...btw...how long you been using ZBrush then?...I've started since yesterday..getting some encouraging results and I am totally enjoying using it....anyhow...I'm gonna stop hijacking your pimp wink.gif...no crits from me...solid work..look forward to your updates...
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    the inside of his knees looks a bit odd, and overall I really don't like that sloppy zbrush look, but thats just me I guess.
  • Badge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Badge polycounter lvl 18
    overall a definetly fantastic model. most noteably the head, its got a lot of character and tone.

very nice man.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    His head looks fairly small compared to his body. Otherwise, looks pretty good!
  • DarthRevanII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthRevanII polycounter lvl 18
    i ment to say it earlier but didnt have time before work, but i agree with MOP...his head does look pretty small compared to his body
  • Peaceful Warrior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thnx guys, I guess I would agree with everything, everyone is saying. I have a personel opinion however on the sloppy Zbrush stuff. While I know exactly what you are talking about, and while I am trying to minimize this effect, I almost prefer the sloppy Zbrush effect to the ultra clean , and equally not realistic effect of most standard modeling. Idealy, textures would hide these things abit in both cases I think. But I'm definatly keeping this in mind, as my goal was always to minimize this blobby look. Thnx again fellas.
  • Darksun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Darksun polycounter lvl 18
    "I almost prefer the sloppy Zbrush effect to the ultra clean , and equally not realistic effect of most standard modeling"

I agree. I think they both have problems, but I've seen some pretty sharp models with zbrush. If you keep at it I think this will be your best bet. More organic.

Very nice model!
  • Peaceful Warrior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry, I forgot to answer your question sooner John Woo. I've been messing with Zbrush for about a month and a half now, and I'm lov'n it!

www.digitalthrone.com
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    the inside of his knees looks a bit odd, and overall I really don't like that sloppy zbrush look, but thats just me I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    "I almost prefer the sloppy Zbrush effect to the ultra clean , and equally not realistic effect of most standard modeling"

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only do I agree wholeheartedly with the above comment by peaceful, but this zbrush model probably took about 1/10th the time it would to have made a high poly this refined (assuming both started from scratch). It's such a minor thing that practically dissapears when baked down, multiple passes added, etc. You gotta do what you gotta do to make the time constraints, and while I would love to model everything out in high poly, it's just far too time consuming for organics. I would feel I was a wasteful employee if I insisted on modeling it out in max/maya/xsi/lightwave because it looks a "smidge" better.

Not only that, but the more time spent in Zbrush, the more control you get, and the sooner your stuff will be much more refined. Just like texturing. 8-)

Great work Peaceful, I really dig the anatomy. the only area that I feel falls a bit flat is the area between naval and crotch, it seems like it isn't as accurate as the rest. Not that it matters much since it would be covered by something in any game model, so cheers!
  • johnwoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    johnwoo polycounter lvl 18
    "I've been messing with Zbrush for about a month and a half now"
    ...kickin ass Peaceful...I hope to get that sort of quality when I would've been using Zbrush for that period...in a few words tho'...very inspiring work...

btw...well said poop... smile.gif