Home› 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dirty sheep fu( l< er

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
yeah its a little disturbing but these are some characters i am working on for a 2d fighter.. first is skeeter and he likes to fuk sheep.. his attacks all involve the um, well . sheep...

skeetercopy.jpg

and the next is andy.. or anus and andy.. his head is a cardboard box that is an interdementional portal and he pulls all kinds of random stuff out of it.. like this beast with an anus for a head that just sprays straight up diarreha all over you...
andy2.jpg

andy3copy.jpg

still works in progress.. more to come soon..

Replies

• HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    errrrr..........yeah, i love the concepts, but a monster with an anus for a head that squirts dirraeah? dude, make it shoot acid, and the head should be a....errr..........whatever man.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    i love the pencil sketch for andy. the finger legs are a really nice touch. however distastefuly the skeeter character is (and frankly not really up to par creativiely with andy), i like the stylized curls.
  • johnwoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    johnwoo polycounter lvl 18
    Some nice line and shading work you got going on there arshlevon, especially the style for skeeter...heh..the subject matter tho' totally left me flabbergasted, and lost for words (which is not often)...especially Andy's special move!...btw..have you done a lot of 2d/sprite based work then?....again..bold move man...bold move... grin.gif
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    arsh! long time my friend. These are hilarious! The only crit I would make is to make the anus monster's um "Head" a bit redder with some nasty specular. Make it look raw.
  • Prs-Phil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prs-Phil polycounter lvl 18
    I love it. Fantastic ideas, nice art ... I´m wanting to do one of them smile.gif ... if you don´t mind I might give on a try if I find some time aside work smile.gif
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks guys.. i seem to be getting mixed reations from these at work and i know its not going to be everybodys cup of tea.

@johnwoo&quot;have you done a lot of 2d/sprite based work then?"

nope i have never done any sprite work but i am learning here is a test for andy's idle:
    andytest.gif
    claws and head are in progress should be done soon.
    @ghostrider: ohhhh redder and specular.. nice ideas.. i will play with it..
    prs-phil, go for it dude. i am trying to get people at the office to make crazy characters, poop made a couple cool guys i am still waiting to see them in color and mojo did a really cool character and even had a walk cycle animated. i sketched out a new character last night when i get sometime i will try and fill him in and post him up.
  • johnwoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    johnwoo polycounter lvl 18
    Hot damn!!...arshlevon that is really nice man!!...how many frames you got in that anim btw?...cos' it's very fluid...this is kickin' ass!!...please..please..please..keep updating us with the progress...top stuff!.. smile.gif
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    Dude, how did you make this????? youve got me very interested!
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, tutorial!

That's got quite some similarity to GGXX's anim style, same framerate, same hip swinging motion, etc.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    damn you! i dreamt of Andy last night. ooo.gif

great work nonetheless
  • Steakhouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steakhouse polycounter lvl 18
    These ideas are great, wildly imaginative. It's going to be like some horrific black market version of Guilty Gear if it ever comes together in one place.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm hoping for a 3+1 control layout (weak, medium, strong, parry/special) instead of those insane 5-6 button layouts commercial 2d fighters use.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    I like your work, but to be honest, Im not sure I'd actually want to play a fighter where diahrea is sprayed on anyone...
  • Todd Dinosaur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Todd Dinosaur polycounter lvl 18
    These are stupid but that is what makes them so great. I can't wait to see them finished.
  • thinsoldier
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thinsoldier polycounter lvl 18
    it should spray wet acidic bowel fluid. It'll burn a lot more than reglar poop.
  • Steakhouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steakhouse polycounter lvl 18
    Howabout blood? Blood burns like hell when it gets in the eyes. It's the reason humans still have eyebrows.
  • FAT_CAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP polycounter lvl 18
    Pahahah - this is great work Arsh.

Really interesting designs for the most part - although I'm not sure about the plain box on the guy's head, i think it sorta doesn't really pull the character together - if you know what I mean - feels a little disjointed. You might have this fixed in the final colour game version though.

LOVE those stylised curls on the sheep though - and that animation is looking SEXAY aswell so it looks like you know what oyu're doing smile.gif
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seantree polycounter lvl 18
    The box guy reminds me of Faust from GGXX, but damn that idle anim is on par with SF3:3S quality wise. Are you coding the engine yourself or using Mugen? I'd LOVE to playtest for you as fighting games are my fave genre. Anyway, I know you want to do a sprite based game, but have you seen Chaos Breakers by Taito? It's using cel shaded characters but looks great. heres some links
    the main site http://www.taito.co.jp/gm/chaosbreaker/index.html
    and a gameplay movie
    http://www.taito.co.jp/gm/chaosbreaker/images/wmv/003.wmv
    and some Japanese match/combo vids
    http://samchai.versus.jp/chaos.htm
    BTW, you should post it up on Shoryuken.com. you'd get some good feedback over there as all of the regulars are avid SF fans, if you couldn't figure that out by the sites name smile.gif I look forward to more updates and a tut on how you are creating your sprites smile.gif
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    i'll say again that the andy design really clever looking, and now the sprite test is looking even better still. i just wish the sheep guy could get replaced by a more interesting design to be on par with Andy smile.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Give Mr. Sheep a kilt, should make him interesting enough tongue.gif. And the super sheep as his hyper/drive/whateveryouwanttocallit?
  • motives
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    totally sick.....

and i love it!

hehe, very nice job man.. would also like to hear somethin about how you go about making them sprites come to life
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thans guys, i wish i wasnt so tied down at work right now so i could spend more time on the idea. i will try to answer some questions.. for the mock up i am using fighter maker 2nd.. it was a japanese program that has been translated to english i dont know how legal it is but its only for prototyping as the final product will need its own engine because there are just so manythings i want to do that i cant.. each character has 2 forms.. at the moment you can see both of andy's forms... for skeeter his 2nd form is in my head but not on paper, and all i can say is its more creative than just some redneck.. although the guy himself isnt that creative i wanted to focus more on making him full of character more than sometype of orignal being altogether like andy. the other characters wont be as off the wall as andy but thats is mostly what the second form will be.. it will be something like a super move that has a meter and when charged you can go into the second "uber" mode. there will be a common theme intertwined in all the characters and basically its just going to all be done in bad taste. as far as the poop shooting goes, its more of a stun move, not intended to take away damage but the other character will be totally grossed out that they are covered in feces and it will leave them open for combos and such. as far as a tutorial goes, i would love to do one, but i am really busy with work right now working on the e3 demo, and have no spare time so i will try and briefly explain the process..

i make a rig that is proportional using CAT, you can really use any program to generate the rig but CAT is my favorite. animate the cycles.. for the idle i used 40 frames in max so it felt right and just rendered out every 5th frame and as you can see it looks pretty nice. i would also recommend an animation book like the animators survival kit that really goes into the principles of 2d animation. then for the animation i used dog waffle its free and lets you cycle through the frames to make sure all your frames are fluid, i trace over the rig to make sure all the skin parts are over the right part of the skeleton and use some streaching of things where i think they should be like the cloth that waves.. and after i make my line drawings i take in photoshop and make pixel art and that is a whole other artform all together. pixelart is my new love and the more i do the more i am obsessed with it. its so exact and perfect and every pixel counts, one pixel can completely mess up a line or a shape. for tips on pixel art go here http://web1.t43.greatnet.de/ i think the boards are down right now cause they were hacked but should be back up soon. i kind of just blew through the process so if you have any questions feel free to ask. if i get time to write a tutorial i will try to be more discript.and the step in max is not nessasry i just have a hard time keeping form so it helps to have the structure underneath.. i think of it as training wheels... thanks agian for words of encouragement hopefully i can do more soon.
  • Vince
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vince polycounter lvl 18
    do you have a graffiti background?
    that first picture look very graffitish.