Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[HEAJ] UT2K4 Character - Le faucheur

Luzbel
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Luzbel polycounter lvl 18
Hi everybody,

Here is my UT2K4 character that i made for a school job (and my second work posted on this forum).
I tried to make a frightening character with tencacles that will move like a jellyfish (it will be a good animation training I think smile.gif )

Here it is
faucheurperspective4yg.jpg

The front and the side view:
http://img205.exs.cx/img205/333/faucheurfront9bc.jpg
http://img205.exs.cx/img205/6174/faucheurside0ej.jpg

Any tips or advices are welcome.

I'm waiting for your comments.

Replies

• shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    interesting
    i think the skin is really going to have the most effect on the quality of the final character. honestly, i dont like the model, perhaps because i dont see anything true organic or true techy, anything that reads clearly. it just seems a little dead to me
    so a strong skin could make everything come into life..

suggestions:
    unless intentional - add a forth bone to the thumb, work that area out is not "anatomically correct"
    bicep sits really low on the bone

most importantly, imo, the head needs the most work. i dont think its saying anything at the moment, but again it may work fine with a good skin
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    i'm really liking this, actually. quite different from the norm.

what i'd like to see is the back part of the head being more segmented like the top of it, so that i can bend down, more soft. does that make sense? right now as its sticking straight back it takes away from the loosey-goosey flow of the character.

but great character. like shotgun says, the texture will really make or break this one.
  • hikagesan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hikagesan polycounter lvl 18
    good job, i like the model. its a lot different from a lot of the ut models ive seen.

that said i think the two parts of the bosy dont really fit together. the bottom should echo the top in some way, however slight, to unify the look of the model. the top really works for me though. it looks alien and with the anenome thing happening on the back of the head, it looks like it belongs underwater.

good work so far.
  • Etienne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Etienne polycounter lvl 18
    This is an interesting character.
    You might have to make your own animations to make it look right in UT2004. I can't wait to see the character with more textures.

Etienne
  • dabu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dabu polycounter lvl 18
    from the post you did of the front and sides, the torso looks a little thick for the size of the arms, slim him/her/it down a bit, suck the stomach in and accent the bottom of the ribcage.

otherwise, looking good.