Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Bladewing Helicopter

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
flaagan polycounter lvl 18
bladewing5.jpg

Desinged to patrol the violence-ridden cannals of a future Venician city, the Bladewing fast attack heli features a pivoting look-to-aim minigun on its front, and a drop-down arm with 4 torpedos hidden within its central body. The pilot and navigitor are seated within a titnium-lined cockpit with bullet-resistant canopy. The engine, mounted rear of the torpedo bay, sends power to both the main rotor and the rear rotor, which is capable of quickly rotating 360 degrees along the lengthwise axis of the heli, enabling quick turning and the ability to kick the nose up or down for faster lock-on. The landing gear fold into compartments located beneath the cockpit and ahead of the rear rotor, allowing for less drag and fewer radar-reflective surfaces.

bladewing4.jpg

whew... so just finished UV'in this sucker after a week or so of off and on texture mappin'. Model comes out to 4600 tris after cleaning up during the mapping. I'm really glad I've pushed myself this far on the model. Thanks again to gauss for doing the paintover he did for me early on.
Funny to think this thing has stayed in my 'tests' project folder the whole time (usually a space reserved for misc ideas, not projects I intend to finish). Originally inspired by both the HL2 combine chopper and the Commanche heli from American Chopper.
If things go as planned in the long run, I'll finish this guy up, pull together a quick 'futuristic cannal scene' and make up an 'enclosed seadoo' vehicle I had in mind for this sucker to chase down.. make a nice lil scene for my portfolio.

Replies