Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

low poly prisoner WIP

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
EmAr polycounter lvl 18
The lectures at the university are coming back, so I thought I should finish this one. Before doing that, I wanted to get some crits here. It has 2003 tri's. The texure is just a place holder. Actually, I haven't even finished uvw'ing it.
aa.jpgab.jpg
ac.jpgaz.jpgzz.jpgaq.jpgbq.jpg

Replies

• Jerome
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerome polycounter lvl 18
  • Bronco
    Offline / Send Message
    Bronco polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    its plain

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes,but he is a prisoner....not like he's gonna have body armour or anything intresting like that smile.gif.

Though I think with a desent texture this could look pretty nice,its one of those classic models where the texture will decide if it turns out good or not.

How about a ball and chain round his ankle?

Good work so far though
    John

Edit:- Failed to open my reply in new window so couldn't look at screenies while typing blush.gif.
    in terms of proportions id say the head is too small,legs too short...feet too small. Just some general proportioning issues that just don't look right to me..ill let soemone who knows what they are tlaking about to nitpick though tongue.gif.

• poopinmymouth
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    I think you need alot more reference. Right now he has almost zero rythm to the model, and thats very important when trying to sell someone wearing fairly baggy clothes.

The proportions are also bonxored like bronco pointed out.
  • EmAr
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks a lot for all the advice so far. I think the proportions are ok now. I gave him a hammer made of 44 tri's, and a ball chained to his ankle which has 1036 tri's. And I modified the cloth parts a bit, I hope I'm in the right direction.
    bb.jpgbc.jpg
  • EarthQuake
    images arent showing up
  • EmAr
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    I couldn't figure out what causes it. I hope the direct links work(if you haven't tried already).
    picture 1
    picture 2
  • Rakile
    Offline / Send Message
    Rakile polycounter lvl 18
    In you're first set, it looked like the arms may have been a bit short, and the torso a bit long. I'm not quite sure if that's still the case now, since there aren't any straight on shots of the fixed model. Right now the torso seems a bit too short, but I'm not positive. If you could find some pictures to reference that might help.