Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Minotaur head model

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JO420 polycounter lvl 18
all33xs.jpg
Hello again,after seeing a few of the art test people did i decided to try my hand at a tuar,built the head,ill decide if ill model and texture a body after.

look i wanted was dark yet i wanted to give him a look of intelligence which sets him aside from animals.

all thats left is ears/horns and i was considering some sort of ornamental piece for the horns to show tuar culture.

Replies

• Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    If you want to give him intelligence, give him pupils. the eyes are the soul.
  • Enix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Enix polycounter lvl 18
    Yea, keep that in mind, the eyes make the model smile.gif. And I notice a few skinmapping errors, like the horn has a line from a darker tone on one side, they should be even on both. I think it looks cool, but I think the skin needs to be more defined and sharp, it looks little muky atm.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    ill think about the eyes,i kinda like the fire red.

as for the skin i lightened it up a little and the details and more visible
  • JO420
  • Soccerman18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soccerman18 polycounter lvl 18
    Looks nice, I really like the metal parts on the horns. I think the fur could use a little more variation, right now it's pretty much all the same shade of brown, adding some lighter values and some different browns could really give it some life.

The really dark shading on the face looks out of place and slightly cartoony. You don't have any really bright lighting on it and yet it's casting such dark shadows, lightening it up a bit might help it look more realistic. And having a black ring around the eye makes it look like there's nothing holding the eye in place, like it's just floating in some dark void, take a look at your eye or find pictures of people's eyes to see how the shading is.

Also, the whole head looks a little squished to me, especially in the last shot. I think if you made the head a little taller it'd give him a little more presence.