Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Warrior: Hardbrush sketch

Bolteh
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Bolteh polycounter lvl 18
warrior.jpg

Was bored so grabed the batman begins trailer, paused it and started painting in photoshop, this is the result
Took me about an hour to do..

c&c welcome

Replies

• almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    show me teh referance image >;o
  • Bolteh
    Offline / Send Message
    watch the tv spot trailer (super bowl spot)
    www.batmanbegins.com
  • poopinmymouth
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    For painting with a hard brush, it is super soft. I think you are relying on the opacity settings of photoshops brush too much. Pick the color/value you want, and paint with it full on opacity. Don't pussyfoot around with a hundred strokes of varying levels of pressure. Be confident and lay down what you want.
  • Mark Dygert
    This is as close as I could find to ref? I think you did a good job. I do agree with poop that if you are going to paint with a hard brush, that you commit to some strokes. It is kind of hard to tell where the shoulder pad ends and the background starts? it looks like you tried to paint over parts of the shoulder pad with the background color set to a really low opacity and never quite covered it up. Also the flesh tone is really pale I was thinking vampire when I first saw it. Give the bat some color in his cheeks. Also his hair isn't that long and hanging down, unless you "improvised a little" =)
  • Bolteh
    Offline / Send Message
    well, i kinda blended in the shoulderpads with the background because the edge looked too sharp :x
    and the pale skin is because i'm somewhat of a wow addict and wanted to create an undead-ish warrior smile.gif

and the hair is something i added myself (to test out some hair painting techniques) i didn't want to copy that exact same scene (the one you posted is the correct one smile.gif)