Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Space Marine Chick

Painreliever
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Painreliever polycounter lvl 18
Not quite finished, but thought I'd share. This was my second character model ever so there are some things that could stand improvement. The pivot for the shoulders is off right now thats why the arms dig into the body. The fingers are slightly off as well. Texture-wise the UV mapping could use improving but I tried to finish it off using my original UV mapping with some minor tweaking. I still haven't really started the head texture so its pretty preliminary. At this point I am not really liking the back of the calves, the shoes and the upper arm armor, so those could potentially see some changes, but I need to move on to other projects. I hadn't touched this in a long time but thought I should finish it up now that I have my graphics tablet.

AlathiaFront_thumb.jpg
AlathiaBack_thumb.jpg

Replies

• Enix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Enix polycounter lvl 18
    Pretty secsi, but i think using solid black on the metal sheets makes it look pretty fake, because you see the super light shades and then solid black, its really strange looking. But other then that, i think the rest is good smile.gif.
  • RageUnleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RageUnleashed polycounter lvl 18
    Your self critique is pretty thorough, always good a good thing. The metal work is quite solid, I'd suggest coming up with a new color scheme, or at least throwing in another color, red and greys look a bit bland.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Will she get some hair? I'd vote for that.
  • Painreliever
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Painreliever polycounter lvl 18
    Enix: Yeah I am not really a fan of the black metal sheets myself. I was trying to break up the light metal sections with something. They are supposed to be something like clasps. I tried to texture some clasps but it made the area look out of place with the detail level so I tried to simplify it. I think I went too far the other direction. I will try to work these over again when I get done with the head.

Rage: This version of the texture is basically supposed to be a Red team texture. I will basically change all the red areas for blue for the other team. I can see the need to add some more color to the scheme and I wil try to add something that can work with both team colors once the head is done.

KDR_11k: I might try to put some hair on her when all is said and done, but I was originally going for that Ilea(the bald chic) look from Star Trek the Motion Picture. I am going to see what she looks like with a skull cap similar to a Goa'uld from Star Gate while I am doing the head texture, after that I will give her hair a stab.

Thanks for taking the time to post the critiques and comments, hopefully I can make some changes here shortly that will shore up the texture some more.