Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Zbrush Skull Modeling Session

S-S
S-S
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
S-S polycounter lvl 18
Hi! Last night i was too tired to do anything sensible -> decided to test how to record zscripts - i know it does that automaticly, but...never recorded one smile.gif
- I modeled simple base object for a human skull in Silo in about 10 minutes, then exported it to zbrush and started to sculpt it. I also recorded the whole session. After finishing it i noticed it didn't play ok -aghh... had to fix it manually - somehow i managed to do it!

- Actual session took about 40 minutes, but zscript goes a bit faster and the whole script is about 25 minutes...

- If you want to check it click the image - it basicly shows how to import mesh into zbrush, and how to sculpt it with move and draw tools:

(AVI, Divx 6.5MB)

20050206_skull_model.jpg

CnC Welcome!

Replies

• pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Hmmm tasty!

Thanks for sharing Sami, you just made me think I should adjust the brush attenuation more often smile.gif

Yay for scripted sessions!
  • Slainean
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slainean polycounter lvl 18
    Appreciated.

I always horde these kinds of videos. I love seeing how other people work, and sometimes you pick up a thing or two.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Cool stuff S-S. Impressive work, did you have a skull for reference, or some photos while working on that?
    Is it possible to upload the zscript so we can run that in Zbrush? Or would we need the mesh too...

The video is excellent, but the script itself would be even better smile.gif

MoP
  • S-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    S-S polycounter lvl 18
    MoP:
    Thanks! - BTW did you see the last thread where i posted hipoly dinosaur? - I also posted images of human skull which i modeled earlier (Silo) - For that mesh i used images of real skull as reference, but not as BG images - just swapping between imageviewer and Silo. This Zbrush model i just "sketched" from memory

- Yeah, it would need the skull base mesh smile.gif
    - Is was actually a box, 5x3x3 with 4 extrusions - eyes,nose ,teeth and zygomatic (with hole)(you can see it in the beginning of video)

pior:
    Yeah - and i should learn to use less pressure... smile.gif
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    was great to watch you work. from what i could tell you were hating those teeth.

only around 180 more bones to go, lets get busy! wink.gif