Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Another 2d logo

MAUL0r
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
MAUL0r polycounter lvl 18
here's a little logo i put together for a family friend... she runs a property developement agency, haven't heard back as to if she likes it or not... but i thought i'd post it here for a lil feedback....

d1.jpg

Replies

• melkior
    Offline / Send Message
    melkior polycounter lvl 18
    it looks nice but has one major issue from my perspective - in its current form it is not easily presented in a black and white logo form. Often businesses need to have alogo that will show up on a letter head or in very small resolution in plain black and white.

Logos that can do this - and have a nice colored high resolution version work best. Naturally I can see you could take the letter and the circle and make it black and white but it will be a bit more boring than the colored version as I'm sure you can imagine.

However its not bad and they will likely be pretty pleased.
  • poopinmymouth
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Looking Good Maulor, however I would like to see some texture on the outer ring, and possibly some on the gold of the D. By having the wood grain and the grass, it makes them stick out as being rather plain. Looking really nice, but like Melkior said, try to push the values so that it will work well as a black and white image.
  • MAUL0r
    Offline / Send Message
    MAUL0r polycounter lvl 18
    thanks for the feedback u guys, I will likely be changing the D to match an italian design that is more desirable to her... I will definately keep the values in mind for BW applications. I went back and desaturated all my layers and played with brightness/contrast some, and it ended up looking alright.