kill.digital.paint.pimp - {wip}

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
round 1
Fkpipe.jpg

round 2
Fkpipe02.jpg

wearing headphones makes you 5x more focused on whatever stuff you're doing. crazy.gif

Replies

• b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    dude
    Im modeling that.
    I call it first.

b1ll
  • qubism
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    qubism polycounter lvl 18
    i begin to hate u.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    awesome concept. i like her. i need to wear headphones more. finish her legs now!!!
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    Too right on the headphones. I'll be studying this for a while, hating you throughout. Beeyouteefall.

/jzero
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    why does she have two pairs of goggles?
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    because only one eye works

awesome work, kill
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    you see her black eye, marine? she obviously has learned to keep an extra pair handy. once the swelling goes down she is NOT going to be taking off those goggles for nothing, and won't be caught without a spare this time. smile.gif

looking good kill, though i'd like to see you finish roughing out those legs to the level of the first pass before proceeding. she looks to be packing a second piece between her legs right now, if you know what i mean. the way the weapon covers her midriff you're going to have a tough time making what's visible look right... but it's looking great so far, keep it up smile.gif
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll, be my guest dude.

quibism, !?! .. "i'm not worthy! i'm not worthy!"

ElysiumGX, yup headphones dude, it works. and thanks, i'll get to the legs soon.

daz, cool thanks.

jzero, yea, headphones are friends. what's with all the hate!? any questions on how i painted something i'll try my best to show you.

steady, mm.gif badass.

marine, i .. don't know the purpose of them ..
    a friend was over and was making ink blots out by breaking pens on some printer paper, so i made one in photoshop out of some scribbles and it turned into those goggles, heh.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    kill.digital.paint.ownage.awesome
  • KMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KMan polycounter lvl 18
    Lookin nice kill, what process were you going through to build up the tones? Any particular brush settings you wish to share with us?
  • Sett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sett polycounter lvl 18
    Looks like she's been told once.

I didn't think they were gogles, I thought it was a gasmask. A backup.

Look great keep going.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Nice one kill, reminds me of a Brom painting.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    awesome kill, legs seem to far apart.
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    since b1ll didnt specifically say he would
    and no one objects
    i call it first for the skinage!
    hell yea!

killing shaping very nice
    watch her balance
    thats one big cigar chopper she's carrying!
    its weight falls on the left shoulder, and her left leg is in the air
  • joolz8000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joolz8000 polycounter lvl 18
    Hell yeah! b1ll- get to work!
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah go b1ll! Can't wait for it. Kill that is just...wow, good stuff man.
  • palm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    palm polycounter lvl 18
    Kickass!! Great work Killing.

/Palm
  • johnwoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    johnwoo polycounter lvl 18
    Ilke it...I like lots....how long does it take you to paint from start to finish if you don't mind me asking?

very cool subject matter and design....
  • ThE_BirD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ThE_BirD polycounter lvl 18
    bad ass kill.... very cool design and beautiful color palette... You've got a really good eye for nailing color schemes like this, is there anything you can share about the process? Great work;)
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sectaurs, ha! what to do with those goggle things .....

gauss, nice BS story about the goggles haha! and excellent observations. i love how you're always in that critical state of mind. that is a very useful characteristic as a concept artist. thanks for your comments, they are always something to consider. thanks for the help.

killing.mop

sett, she got my backhand. my palm is too soft for her rebellious spirit. haha! that is awful.
    i was going for something non-objective, but putting strapps on their obviously caused problems. going is kept.

Thegodzero, your mom.

EarthQuake, cool, duly noted.

shotgun, if a finished model came from this, that would be teh WIN. hmm good to be thinking about the weight of the gun, thanks for the notice. i saw her walking down some type of rock steps and was in mid-step or something. i'll definately watch for it once i get back into it, thanks.

jeffro, palm, thanks guys.

johnwoo, it all depends how long. i honestly get so into it, i have no concept of time so i am guessing a good session lasts from around 4-6 hours and it all depends on how lucky my strokes are and excited i am about the content and subject of the painting. there is a lot of stumbling around on technique and concepts, it's like trying to read a book in a dream.

ThE_BirD, thanks man. as i am sure you know, being a more experienced artist, color is very difficult. the more i read up on it i feel more comfortable with it and try to apply people's idea on it. i was reading through mike lin's terms on his site and some of them were pretty cool. i've also been reading my old fundermentals of art book again, it really breaths fresh air into me after grasping a new or diluted concept.
    but i think the best things to highlight when using color is , as mike lin states, "These color combinations are known as complimentary color or COLOR PAIR. When COLOR PAIR is used, the two colors excite each other, but when mixed, they create an earthy tone, which depicts how our eyes see in the environment and makes a drawing look more real." this is very profound in my eyes. i see all elements of art halved, like sky and earth. the earth as value and sky as color. what i am saying is there is a lot to color, because it is value and more. so like mike is saying: there are colors that compliment eachother, what i see is that there are values and colors that not only compliment one another, but will enhance one and shroud another. my approach is that searching a combination should not be systematic, rather it should reveal itself. i think that it is fair to say that the more an artist develops on these ideas he will better be able to predict and shoot for the results that are working in his mind, but he should allow the painting to speak to him. if when observing yourself painting you perceive an attractive conceptual observation (that is, something in the mind. something that isn't clearly presented) you should bring it out to help others see what you saw.
    using this activation between paired and similar colors with composition theories, you can activly try and unify your forms while better defining your masses and textures, to create a more attractive and powerful expression of an idea or mood.
    for unifying color in a piece i will try to distribute similar hues throught the painting, such as drawing an implied line for the eyes to follow.
    i often burn an unfamiliar area by burrowing for it, but there are some of my current thoughts on the topic.

here is a giff that shows 2 hours worth of this type of painting.

when i get in the mood to fall into the trance and can't think of what to draw, i employ an automatic drawing digital painting process and once i find a subject i like i will play and embelish on it if i am still loose, i try to pull my self out of it, polish and make corrections.

-kp