M
M
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
M polycounter lvl 18
hi all
I'm another student of the heaj school tongue.gif
here is my model for unreal 2k
i've done some modification between my mds and my 3d model to stay around 3000 triangles...
the general concept is a women skinless with mech armor. The part of head is mainly made with a piece of skin over all face, but it's design as a mask

mds.jpg

wire.jpg

rendu.jpg

Replies

• joolz8000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joolz8000 polycounter lvl 18
    Looks good- who needs skin, anyway? I like the concept. The proportions remind me of Bobo/Hawkprey's #13, as well as other Hawkprey designs, but I'm not calling this a rip-off. The pose seems odd, like her center of gravity is too far forward. I realize the boots are heavy, but she's leaning a bit far. The head might be a little too small. I'm looking forward to a gross, sinewy texture job.
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    Looks very good.

My only crit is the elbow pad. You seemed to have "skimped out" a bit on it in the model, as compared to the concept.
  • Etienne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Etienne polycounter lvl 18
    Model:
    The model looks good. I don't know about "Bobo/Hawkprey's", but you can be a fan and be inspired by other peoples work. Make sure you add the information in the credits of your model.

Now, you might have a problem with the wings inside of the UT game. As fare I know (this happened with my model) the wings will be visible on only one side. You might want to make the other side of the wings to avoid any complications.

Also, remember to "triangulate" your model, the UnrealEngine does not like none "triangulated" objects, this inclused models.

PS Make sure you have TEAM colors with your skins!
    Keep on the good work.

Etienne
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    The proportions remind me of Bobo/Hawkprey's #13, as well as other Hawkprey designs, but I'm not calling this a rip-off.

[/ QUOTE ]

90% of female models have proportions like that.
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
    I wanna see this texture now! Gogog! make it terrible and visceral. Guts everywhere. SLIME! hehe. It does not look like a bobo or hawkprey model to me. Damned blame game. Big breasts and frigging huge boots is just genero-scifi banter. Lets not point fingers(if you were just saying its reminiscent, ok. sure.)
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    In her current stance, she'd fall flat on her face. Otherwise, it looks promising.
  • joolz8000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joolz8000 polycounter lvl 18
    Jeez people, lighten up. I said 'reminds me' and 'I'm not calling this a rip-off'. Sorry I mentioned it. Besides, it doesn't have large breasts.
  • CyberChrist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CyberChrist polycounter lvl 18
    ETA on the skin?
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Shift her torso back at the hips just a smidge so that her breast armor aligns with the ends of her feet. Depending on the weight placement of the character, proper body alignment places the center of the ear just in front of her ankles, if she had ears and her ankles were showing. Great work. You school kids really know your stuff.
  • Etienne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Etienne polycounter lvl 18
    What's the status of your model?

Etienne