Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Another anime model....

Enix
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Enix polycounter lvl 18
Yea :\, i have gotten quite in the habbit of doing nothing but anime characters tongue.gif. But all I want to do is model all my favorite characters, and when i saw this guy in some naruto manga I was like :O. So yea....I asked my friend david to draw me up some refs, and thank god he did, or else i would be lost tongue.gif. Thanks david ^_^. Anyway, its at around 1100 so far...which im not exactly thrilled with, i wasted to many polys on the feet. But I like how they came out.

ykwip15ef.jpg

crits are greatly appreciated at this time..its doesn't have much of a shape just yet, only started it an hour ago :\.

Replies

• Moz
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    pants.

Seems like quite afew wasted polys here and there, good start though.
  • usagi
    Offline / Send Message
    usagi polycounter lvl 18
    if you want to cut down the polycount make the toes 4 sided, or make the 4 smaller toes a solid mass instead of them being separated.

also i just noticed that aside form the big toe they're all the same size. they should get progressively longer going from the baby toe to the big toe
  • Enix
    Offline / Send Message
    Enix polycounter lvl 18
    Nah man, i'm newb, but not THAT newb tongue.gif.

nahmanyk19wz.jpg

And I did consider the big toe and then the big block thing, but I did that on my last naruto model and wanted to try somethin different this time around. But I think thats where all the polys went, they all went to the toes tongue.gif. Each foot is 389 polys XD. Pretty high for "low poly" feet, but I like em, my favorite feet so far. More comin soon, just got up so i'm gonna get crackin, I don't have nothin to do today, I overslept so I don't have any school laugh.gif.

Update:

ykwip44jl.jpg

Poly count is really bad, it was at 2500 when i had hands, so im makin new hands and reducing it like crazy.
  • Wells
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    my second toe is as long as my big toe and the others go down from there. am i a freak? if so, ignore this, but if not you might want to tweak the toes.
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Same here. My second toe may actually be a hair longer than my big toe. The angle from my big toe to my little toe is much steeper than the model's also.
  • Enix
    Offline / Send Message
    Enix polycounter lvl 18
    Yea, mine is bigger too, but I hardly see that in this anime :\. So I dunno....Heres a body update:

ykwip56lv.jpg

Pretty much done with the body, needs a few edits here and there, but other wise its done. Unless you guys see somethin that needs changed. Just gotta add the damn hands XD
  • Etienne
    Offline / Send Message
    Etienne polycounter lvl 18
    Good start ...
    Who cares about the polygone count. Unless you are planing to send the model in some game...

Etienne

PS: Did you ever make a Slime model?
  • Ramucho
    Offline / Send Message
    Ramucho polycounter lvl 18
    hey great job!, give even if the torso seems a little bit flat to me. Give hime more shape.
  • Enix
    Offline / Send Message
    Enix polycounter lvl 18
    Ok, got the basics all done, just need to give it more of a shape and maybe reduce the polycount a bit, my internet is shut off temporarily so im at the library again... I did however bring a disk here and uploaded the updates, so take a look:

ykrender45dd.jpg

Polycount is around 3500 :S....But it has alot of little detail, the little holder in the back holds a big knife, its already in there, but didn't feel like rendering it, its nothin special tongue.gif. The head was the main killer, added on 700 polys, feet where 400 each :\. and the hands where exactley 200 each. Hm...dunno if i should reduce it, if i put it in anygame its gonna be TS. After I get my internet back up at home im going to take any crits i get here and try to fix up the model, then im gonna map it. laugh.gif

[oh...and no tongue.gif, i never made a slime model, dont even know who that is :\]
  • Etienne
    Offline / Send Message
    Etienne polycounter lvl 18
    ... How can you call yourself Enix and not know what a slime is? I hope you are kidding ... right?
    -Bleu Slime
    -Red Slime
    -Knight Slime
    -King Slime
    -Egg Slime
    -Pocadot Slime
    -Metal Slime
    There are many Slimes!

Etienne

I like where the model is going...
  • Enix
    Offline / Send Message
    Enix polycounter lvl 18
    w00t!

Got my cable back on today, so now i can show you guys whats been happenin with this model smile.gif. Heres a turnaround of the model:

ykanimationsmall13us.gif

And I got some more pics comin...just gotten find em. Current poly count is 3500. I did get it ingame, and it deforms really well, it just doesn't fit many skeletons tongue.gif.

[And I seriously don't know who slime is :S.]

[googles slime before he gets stabed]
  • Enix
    Offline / Send Message
    Enix polycounter lvl 18
    Mapped:

kakamapped6zj.jpg

Havn't been workin on it latley, just got up this morning and thought I should map it,cause I really want to skin it laugh.gif.
  • Lord Killmore
    Offline / Send Message
    Lord Killmore polycounter lvl 18
    hmm gj man ^^
    you wont give it out as sdk huh ? xD
    *wanna skin kakashi >_<*
  • Rick Stirling
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    You might want to check out the centre of gravity on that - in the turnaround he is going to fall backwards.

Also, he is very vertical - grab a soft selection and pull a few gentle curves into the upright shape like the image on the right here:

5314776e9c7043fd8285523cb426db42.jpg
  • Enix
    Offline / Send Message
    Enix polycounter lvl 18
    Hmmm...i c, my refs have a wierd pose, i kinda like how the dude made em, cause i love the pose you can find em here:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v148/davidskiwan/refs/?action=view&current=youngkakashiref.jpg

I also ran into a mapping error, I was mapping it and i had to go somewhere, so i saved it and closed out. Got back and opened max. Well i opened up my model and opened up the uv editor, and the UVs look like they where duplicated, and when i render them there are overlaped polys, which there wherent when i first mapped it. Anyone know what happened? If i cant fix it then im probally gonna have to remap it :\
  • Rick Stirling
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, the top half isnt too bad, but GENERALLY the center of the pelvis is over the center of the feet, not at the back. The legs are tilted forwards a few degrees.

The easy fix - grab the feet, soft select up to the arse and pull them back a little.
  • Enix
    Offline / Send Message
    Enix polycounter lvl 18
    Mkay, will do.

Heres the skin so far:

kakaheadwip11iw.jpg

Just started on the hair and stuff, about an hours work so far :\. I couldn't get the hair right :P. I swear im never modeling eyes on again on a low poly model XD. C&C welcome.
  • Enix
    Offline / Send Message
    Enix polycounter lvl 18
    Some more updates:

yksmallupdate5sm.jpg

Its so messy atm, but its gettin there :P.
  • Ramucho
    Offline / Send Message
    Ramucho polycounter lvl 18
    Really an excellent job Enix! Try to make the textures color to be as flat as possible to give an anime look and also I would advice to try some light baking to simulate that nice global illumination feel some anime games have (when they're not using cell shading smile.gif )
    Just my two cents, keep it up man I want more of'em, no, I want all the naruto character to be modeled... smile.gif