Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First real model attempt

Octane
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Octane polycounter lvl 18
hi i've been reading on these boards for awhile and finally gave modeling a go and here it is 200513104415_finishedpersp.jpg

Replies

• dabu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dabu polycounter lvl 18
    Looks like you're off to a good start. Are his feet supposed to be square and devoid of detail? They look kinda small, but that could just be the camera angle. You might want to put his arms up at 45 degrees or higher for rigging purposes. Maybe put a crease in the middle of the lips to give his mouth more definition...Knee spikes/pads look a bit small as well...

whats the tri count? Post wires? You'll get better feedback if we can see your polyflow.
  • johnwoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    johnwoo polycounter lvl 18
    general proportion is good...tho' you are gonna have trouble with deformation (If you are gonna rig it?) with the shoulder, pelvis and knee area, and possibly the wings...what would really help also is to round out the toe area of the feet...paintover7ee.jpg
  • Octane
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Octane polycounter lvl 18
    thanks i'll get into it now then post up some wires. i have no ref images thou
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
    Hey bud. A nice offering for being your first but you need to pay a bit more attention to the way you distribute your polygons. There are a ton of wasted polies in here even without a wireframe.

Be more wary of adding polies that could just as easily be painted into a texture. The medallion on the chest and the loin cloth are prime examples of over modeling in relation to the overall detail of the rest of the mesh.