Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Castle Within Feyrdhun!

iansnyder
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
iansnyder polycounter lvl 18
The Irony of Ian's First Speed Model:
Twas nigh on two nights hither that I embarked upon a most perilous journey; I twould face the barren depths of Milkshape and attempt a speed low-poly model. What ensued was madness, mixed with terror and even more madness.
Let's just say that I had vastly over-estimated both my own capabilities and the lack of capabilities provided by my tools :P Here is...
The castle of Lord Kratos, deep in the heart of Feyrdhun!
feyrdhuncastle.jpg
feyrdhuntex.jpg

POLYS: 140 TEXTURE: 256x256

The fire sucks, and I wanted to do more with the entire texture really, but at this point I am just sick of looking at it :P Anyway, hope you guys like it some, I will come up with some new stuff, and hopefully I can get it sort of right next time :P

Replies

• rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    I think the concept is cool, but its a bit difficult to see its a castle. perhapse some recognisable features like windows and a banner maybe? also I really think the fire alpha should fade out before it reaches the edge of the geometry, thats one of my pet peeves in games. In need for speed underground 2, the white neon underglow thing just looks like some boxes floating under my car for this reason. kind of breaks the illusion.

Think you should do some more of these low poly/texture things though, they seem like good practice. Think I'll give one a shot myself.
  • iansnyder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iansnyder polycounter lvl 18
    Especially with the fire I really just barely put it in, and I agree with what else you said; I would like to do these things, but I just was tired of messing with it because most of my time spent on this model was more with technical details not working rather than actually working on the model :\ Anyway, check out my new post, another VERY quick model wink.gif