Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[HEAJ]Bentic -Q3Char- PeruArmy

Bentic
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Bentic polycounter lvl 18
Hello everyone !
My name's Rudy Schoonenburg, I'm a student in computer graphics at the HEAJ, a high school in Belgium.
I'm in the video games section, and for our current work, a Quake 3 character, our teacher asked that we all post our finished work here on the polycount boards (you might already have seen other posts from other students). This is made for us to learn participating in a community, and to be able to have an external point of view on our work.
This time we have to post our finished work, but next time we'll have to post a WIP of our next project, a UT2004 character.
Unfortunately, I was very badly organized this time, so I haven't finished my work, but I still post the finished texture of the face of my character.
It would be nice if you could tell me what you think of it, what could be improved, what isn't correct with it.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish it soon, because of the work we still have to do until the end of the year, but I'll try to apply the advices you could give me to my next character.

I thank you in advance, and here it is:
q3char_head_tex_thumb.jpg

I took the texture of the face out of a 1024x1024 texture for the hole character.

See you soon on the boards wink.gif

Bentic

Edit: I know I gave him a stupid name, but it was more a description than a name wink.gif
For those who are wondering where it comes from (because you only see the head):
He's wearing military-like clothes (I didn't like it, but we had a short time to find what we wanted to do, and make a drawing of it, but no ideas were coming. I finally made clothes like that)... and a Peruvian hat, just for fun tongue.gif

Replies

• Steakhouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steakhouse polycounter lvl 18
    A solid initial entry man, it'll be cool to see what the HEAJ crew will be producing as your class goes on.

Anyway this texture is pretty nice, though I would suggest not mirroring half of it. If you have the full face to work with you can add little details like moles, freckles and creases that will help to give it character and believability. Everything seems pretty nice otherwise except for that very sharp crease created by the lifted cheek. I would suggest diffusing it just a little bit to keep it from being so distracting to the eye.