Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

kik girl

dabu
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
dabu polycounter lvl 18
heres another realistic female model I am wrapping up. I think she looks better with the lighting turned off. I posted this a while ago with a different hair style, but I finally felt ready to put her into my portfolio with pig tails instead. Ive been trying to make something different in theme than miltary type stuff or chicks with giant boobs and swords.

I suppose I should move on to differenct subject matter though. These seem kinda boring compared to some of the stuff that comes out here.

I had a good ref for this one, just under 3 k tris, 1 512, 2 256 maps.

any C&C is most welcome.

cheers body.jpghead.jpgback.jpg

Replies

• JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    I think the hair on top/back of her head would look better if it wasn't just painted but slightly represented by the mesh also.
    And the hairline at the back of her head/neck shouldn't end in a strait line... hmm now that I think about it, the way the hair "flows" in that area is also not quite right acording to the way her pigtails are build.

Other than that... her butt is very 'realistic' laugh.gif

Ahh two more things:
    1. the upper part of the ear needs more depth.
    2. she shouldn't use that much purple eye make-up tongue.gif

But I like the rest of her wink.gif
  • Asthane
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asthane polycounter lvl 18
    I like this model a lot, but as was mentioned, the hair could use some work. I think it would look much better if the alpha represented the strands more. As it is it looks kinda like you just slapped a gradiant on the alpha and left it.
  • dabu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dabu polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks for the responses.

JK- Do you mean I should add more paint depth or actually model a depression on there? Should the end of the part be to one side instead of in the center?

I see what you mean about having the shape of the mesh flow with the hairline. I did the texture afterwards, thinking it would be symmetrical, but youre right, a slight bump to it would look better. Changing it now would be a lot more work though, urgh.

Asthane - Ive been procrastinating re painting the alpha, but I should probably give it another go. If I post the flats, could you critique those as well?

cheers

dabu
  • malcolm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    dabu, again nice model, I like the theme as well.
  • dabu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dabu polycounter lvl 18
    cheers Malcolm. Its hard to stop, once you start. Every party I go to, I meet someone new that I want to create in the virtual realm. Also a great way to meet girls...

My next one is a playa themed fire spinner, a la Burning Man.
  • dabu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dabu polycounter lvl 18
    so Ive diddled with the alphas on the side bangs, think its much better for minimal effort. Will play around with the forehead bangs as well. face.jpg
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

JK- Do you mean I should add more paint depth or actually model a depression on there?

[/ QUOTE ]
    We are talking about the ear, right? I guess painting more depth will be ok.
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    I really like this and your 'desert raver' model, and I applaud your rebellion from the usual themes. I like the clothing on this chick more than the original 'candy raver' one. I remember the reference photos for this model, and the girl is extremely pretty, and not in a heavy-eye-shadow way. I wish a little more of her look had made it into this, but that's just me.

I do think that this model looks a little bug-eyed. The tops of her eyelids need to come down farther onto her irises, and that will make her look more relaxed. There's actually a huge range of expression that you can create just with the variance of the upper eyelids.

Overall, I think that your skin needs more distinct variations. It needs some harder highlights and shadows. Places like the insides of her ears need lots more definition. I don't know if you're even finished with her ears yet, but it looks like just outlines at this stage. I'm with Asthane on the hair, too. You need more distinct shapes in the bangs especially. Definitely look to Ben Mathis's hair tutorial for some guidelines. But after that you will be more than kickin'!

Sweet stuff! Roll on!

/jzero
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    looks like a realistic female prostitute model.
  • dabu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dabu polycounter lvl 18
    Driving down to LA this afternoon, so I won't be able to post any more updates till tomorrow, but thanks for the continued feedback, and I'm flattered you remeber the original incarnation, jzero.

I guess theres a lot more room for improvement on this than I originally thought, so I plan on bringing it up to tits over the next few days. Here are the 3 texture files. I don't have a lot of room on the hair so it will be tricky to add more alphas. I may end up just redoing the hair and face as a new 512 map. Where do I find that hair tut you were referring to?

cheers

dabu

bodytexture.jpgfacetexture.jpghairtexture.jpg
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, your reference chick was cuuute! Glad you kept her freckles! And it looks like you did manage to reflect her distinctively high cheekbones on your model. Sweet!

Oh, sorry, 'Ben Mathis' is Poop's Earth name.
    Here's his hair tute. I think if you just hit your girl's hair with some of his highlights, it'll pop so much more. the hair looks good on the flats, but I think the definition is getting lost by the time the engine applies it to the model. Something you just have to compensate for, I guess.

/jzero
  • dabu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dabu polycounter lvl 18
    well, tweaked the hair for a couple hours, trying to get it better lookin

also tweaked her eyes. Not sure what to do about the ears though, painting textures from scratch is not my fort