Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Centerror

schlumpy
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
schlumpy polycounter lvl 18
Here's something I've been working on for the last 2 weeks. He is kind of like a modern horror centaur.
It's around 6500 polys at this stage. Aiming for around 8000 at the end. Comments?

Schlumpy

Concept
Centerror5.jpg

Renders
Centerror-23-hands.jpg
Centerror-24-hands-front.jpg
Centerror-25-hands-side.jpg
Centerror_Mesh_lines.jpg

Replies

• Steakhouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steakhouse polycounter lvl 18
    IMPLAUSABLE! Still a cool idea though. I would take away the lower head's eyes to pull focus to the upper body, as well as making it seem less dominent. I would also worm the cybernetics through the mount as well to further tie the two halves together.
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    Excellent concept and execution!

Skin this badboy!
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    Kicks ass!
    I would changce some small things to add more variation. Maybe turn 1 horn of the beast a little bit and make the flesh that is hanging from the guy's belly different on 1 side. Oh yeah ... more guts hanging from his belly! laugh.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I'd completely remove the beast's face except for the mouth to make it look less natural. Have some cybernetics join in there to replace its brain and make it obey the "rider". You could work on the "rider"'s face a bit to make him look more Strogg-like as well...
  • HotHead
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HotHead polycounter lvl 18
    I must say I like it. I'm always a fan of work where flesh and metal are bound together. The bottom creature reminds me alot of the demon dogs from the first Ghostbusters. I dont know if this is something you'd wanna do, but this would be a good specimen for normal mapping. The flesh and metal would provide for good compliments of detail in a high poly form. Just a thought. Good work with mesh flow as well. Can't wait to see it finished.
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    This has "strogg" written all over it. With the proper texturing, it could be made to look like a Doom demon / Strogg hybrid. Exquisite concept. And the actual mesh is solid as well. I do think it could stand a little optimization, but that pretty much goes without saying. I also agree that a little asymmetrical balance in the mesh would do wonders for the character.
  • schlumpy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    schlumpy polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks for the comments guys.

HotHead: I’m glad it reminds you of the daemon dog from ghostbusters, for that is what I was going for.

Steakhouse, KDR_11k: Both the beast and the torso are in control, kind of a symbiont/hive mind relation between the two. I agree that the main focus is on the beasts head. I want to change that. I was thinking of adding some cables and other points of interest to the man’s head. But you comments are interesting. I might do a variant of him later.

I’ve spent the last couple of weeks unwrapping and texturing. Haven’t really finished the mesh but I just wanted to see what it would look like with some muscles on it and get your feedback. I’m using two 1024x1024 maps. Still need tweak the torso unwrap. Still want to add some cables “worming” into the flesh and the torso head. And work on the guts.

Schlumpy

Centerror_texture_display.jpg
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Nice start on the skin, and great job giving a nice volume to the muscles. Can't wait for the rest.