Home› 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

moontribe girl wip

dabu
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
dabu polycounter lvl 18
polycount!

My its been a while, Im finally back from traveling and am now getting my portfolio together.

Heres a new character model Im working on, shes just shy of 3000 tris. Still modeling so pls ignore the seam in the middle. Does the anatomy look right? Is the line for where the skirt hangs from looking ok? I don't have much of a reference. Shes wearing what will be fuzzy gaitors.

TIA dabu

headshaded.jpgheadwire.jpg

Replies

• adam
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    ...she has cat ears.

But that's most likely due to her tribal background, yes? I like the character a lot but think the mesh could be a little more clean. Particularily in the back and front of her torso. It doesn't seem to flow aswell. Well, it could be that OR that its mostly triangles in those areas that is throwing me off.

Anyway, good character as I said. Is she wearing boot warmers or something?
  • dabu
    Offline / Send Message
    dabu polycounter lvl 18
    Well, technically its the hood that has the ears. Yeah those are fuzzy gaitors on her calves.

I pretriangulate when Im modeling so I can control my poly flow, but it is kinda messy looking. I see lots of places I can optimize too. will repost soon.

Glad you like the design, Im hoping to stay original.
  • dabu
    Offline / Send Message
    dabu polycounter lvl 18
    So I updated the model and did a deform test, her shoulders work great, but the hips/ass and skirt are going to be much more challenging, not surprising.

Im gonna skin her using 2 512s, as that would seem appropriate for the density of the mesh.

Thanks for the feedback Adam, youre the only one who cares...sniff.