Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fast Loading Portfolio Site

Steakhouse
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Steakhouse polycounter lvl 18
I got wind of a job the other day but I didn't have anything more then a personal art dump to show off my work. I was able to get an extension until the following Monday to submit something for review which gave me three days to assemble something professional. Well I got cracking and with the help of a friend who really knows how to code I was able to put this together. The main intents behind the site was a ridiculously fast loading time, and a look that was cleaner and more professionally oriented then my personal site. This was the result:

www.afnom.com/darrin

Replies

• Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
    very clean and professional I like it alot. Yes it does load extreamly fast. I was just thinking about how slow my connection was today and your page just poped up. smile.gif
  • NeonLeon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NeonLeon polycounter lvl 18
    The only thing I can see that you might want to add is descriptions for the pieces underneath. Just a short word on what they are and what for, etc. Otherwise looks good!
  • RageUnleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RageUnleashed polycounter lvl 18
    Woah. What year did you graduate Cogswell? I'm about to graduate cogswell myself and I think I've heard of you before! Always great to see fellow Washingtonians posting here, and nice to see fellow Cogswellians (Cogswellites?) churning out great work! I like the site, very clean and elegant, certainly loads up instantly!
  • Steakhouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    N30: Glad I could make your day.

NeonLeon: I though about descriptions but I didn't have much time to prep the site and honestly the more I go on about my work the more of an idiot I sound. Plus I tend to get too wordy.

Rage: I graduated back in April 2003 along with the last group who really seemed to view the school as a place to hang out as much as learn. I really hope some of you guys just get together in the animation labs and just draw these days.
    As for what I actually produced while there you can find my final project in the library, just ask Karen about the comic book "Demi-Gods For Life".
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    dude i want one of thos wacom wanderlith thingies!
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Very cool and clean design. I like it a lot. I think the only problem personally is that the links don't seem to pop out as links. I thought you were listing some of areas of expertise at the top. When I saw it repeated at the bottom, I realized they were links. But maybe that was just me laugh.gif
  • Steakhouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghost_Rider: That was one of my assignments at Cogswell, redesign a wacom to suit your needs. I rarely use the key board for anything other then shifting the screen around and the like, and a few ctrl, alt, and shift functions, hence the assignable keys. The large one, flared for thumb comfort is the space bar replacement.

Notman: Hmm, I'll think about that. Maybe bolding them all. Still the problem exists where you thought they were deceptions of skills. I'm not really sure how to counter that.