Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

And now for something different ... LogViewer

RickA
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
RickA polycounter lvl 18
I'm posting this in the hopes of getting some comments from knowledgeable HTML programmers here. It's not your typical 3D model, or some such, but what the heck, I'm proud of it.

It's a html-page that works client-side only, so no server is needed, you can run it off your harddisk. It collects different textfiles and shows them in a single webpage using tabs. This makes it easy to navigate the different files and have a quick glance at them all.

I developed this to go with the engine I'm programming. I always like to use multiple logging files for output, but I hate having to go through the different files in search of a specific something. With this script/htmlpage, it's a snap.

I'm not sure if anyone here has a use for it, but feel free to give it a go. Simply save the html code for the page onto your disk, and replace the filenames in the array at the top.

If you have any problems with it please let me know. I am aware of the fact that some browsers attempt to actually open the files when the page is loaded, but I have no idea how to prevent that from happening. If anyone else knows of a way to do so, please let me know. Also I am interested in other ways of including a file in a webpage beside < object > and < iframe > tags.

Example (this example runs on my webserver, but I would like to stress once more, that a server is not needed for the script).

Replies