Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

El Grande Theater

Thunderkor
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Thunderkor polycounter lvl 18
Here's a little something I been working on. It's for a Battlefield Vietnam mod. Based on an actualy building but I took a little artistic license, if for no other reason than I had limited source material.

Let me know what you folks think. Oh and it looks like it's floating in space because it is, that background was just something I threw in so it wasn't a boring grey or black background. Will hopefully post some in-game shots here soon as well.

theater-view1.jpg

theater-view2.jpg

theater-view3.jpg

Replies

• Scott Ruggels
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    Damn that building looks familiar...

Scott
  • AfroLeft
    Offline / Send Message
    AfroLeft polycounter lvl 18
    That repeating texture is too obvious. Maybe a small ledge where the 1st floor is can go all the way around to break it up (then have that dirty texture near the ground on top)
    I'm nt sure how you would fit the staircase into it tho. :/
  • Thunderkor
    Offline / Send Message
    Thunderkor polycounter lvl 18
    Scott - it's based on the old Fox Theater in Riverside California. I had NO pics of the roof or backside, so those are sort of my guesses. And the pics I had of the rest of it were fairly small, just stuff I stumbled onto on the web while looking for cool old movie theaters for inspiration.

Afro - you are right, that texture looks pretty repetetive on the backside of the building. For its inteded use, other buildings will be fairly close to it, separated only by narrow alleyways, so hopefully this will not be a a problem.
  • PointlesS
    Offline / Send Message
    PointlesS polycounter lvl 18
    looks great...since it's a movie theater though put up some giant posters or maybe a giant painting on the back...it'd look call and get rid of the repeating texture problem...you could fill it up more with vents comming out from the walls and light fixtures too...