Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Handheld game

RickA
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
RickA polycounter lvl 18
The last couple of weeks I've been very busy programming an entry for the Brew OpenGL ES contest at GameDev.net. However, I would also like to use this framework to program the game for PC as well.

The thing is finally nearing completion (programming wise), but graphically it is very lacking.

I've been an avid reader here in the past, so I decided to post the game here to get some feedback, and in the hope of finding someone who would be willing to help out on the 3d models and textures.

screenshot.jpg
You can get the game here.

The fastest time you race is recorded and saved. The next time you race, you'll be racing against the recorded race (the idea is that it is you can download other peoples times to race against).

I know the handling needs some massive tweaking, mostly the braking. I'm going to be working on the game most every day until the deadline of November 30th. Then I'll probably take a break, before continuing work on the PC version.

A list of the graphics needed:
- countdown texture (the 3,2,1,GO before the race starts)
- font for time (characters needed 0-9 smile.gif
- font for laps (characters needed 0-9 /)
- font for speed (could recycle time font, 0-9 km/h)
- engine setting bar (the bar on the right side of the screen depicting engine settings)
- 3d model of a hovercraftish car (there will be loops in the game)
- texture for said model
- texture for track
- possibly 3d model of track segment
- title screen

All the textures need to be small (256x256 max)
The models need to be low poly as well. This due to the limitations of the target device.

If anyone is willing to help me out, you can simply edit the files with the game. I'm going to have a version that loads .3ds models for the 'cars' before the weekend, so the models should be easy to import as well.

Feel free to make comments.
Also, this is the first time I'm using my framework for something I'm asking people to test, so there might be issues with the framework as well. Please feel free to post those as well.

Replies