Offline / Send Message
HAWK polycounter lvl 18
Edit: I am reconstructing my website.

Replies

• Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    Edit: Nvm...my IE was wonked after trying the F11 thing for some reason...the frames work fine now... smile.gif

You should try laying things out differently though, like switch the bottom frame with the top frame and see how it looks.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Lots of potential man. I see alot of your models have some good stuff going on. On the textures, I think you are relying on greyscale method too much (be it dodge and burn, or a b&w layer on overlay overtop) Try to get some more richness of color in there. Also everything seems way too soft. You should try get some hard lines in your textures for better definition.
  • HAWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAWK polycounter lvl 18
    @ Illusions,

Funny thing is that I was originally planning on putting the Navigation bar at the top, and then I thought I would be a bit different as everybody puts it there, so I opted for the bottom. Anyway, I’ll have a think about whether to put the nav bar at the top because I kinda like it at the bottom.

@ Poopinmymouth,

hehehe, groovy name!!! And thanks for your comments. Also is it that blatantly obvious that I over use the burn and dodge tool, and that I work in greyscale too…lol. But I find it really quite a comfortable method to use. However, I will take your advice and think about adding more richness of colour. Also I will work on my definition a bit more too, darn it I always have trouble with definition because sometimes I tend to over do it.

Anyway, thanks for the replies.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Ok, frames are evil, but if you must use them, then at least make them so that they are fixed.

And I'd also drop the table border in the bottom section. You really should spend a little more time on the logo - its just text at the minute. Drop in an image. And if you say "But I dont want too many images!" then get rid of the copyright - thats an image you are using.

I personally would advise against having your phone number on a website smile.gif

On the CV, your education is ass-backwards - you should ALWAYS have your most recent first. Employment is the same.

You have a highpoly section with nothing in it. I'd take the option off the navigation until you have content. Whats the point of an empty link? Links is also a dead section.

My home PC runs at 1024X768, and you site runs off the edge of the screen. I'd consider making you site fit to that res. I still build all my sites to fit in 800x600, but within a few years I reckon I will upgrade them to a higher res.

Put a TITLE on your pages.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Also, you apparently spent 11 years working on your A-levels! smile.gif
  • HAWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAWK polycounter lvl 18
    @ Rick Stirling

Hey thank you very much for your advice; I guess I need to rethink my website a bit more and think about making it a little more nicer to look at and to sort out the frames problem which many seem to find a nuisance. I guess the problem was that I was in such a rush to get all my work online, that I neglected important aspects about my web page. I pretty much learnt how to use Dreamweaver in about 2 hours, well, the basics anyway, and built up my website within a couple of hours too. And I suppose the end result is a haphazardly designed website…doh!!

In regards to my CV, funnily enough I have always been told to do my CV like that, but what you say does make a more sense, so I’ll change that too.

Finally, you are very right about the high-poly section. Although, and in my defence, I actually have some high poly stuff that I wanted to stick on my website, and when I was building my pages I had that in mind, but then at the last minute I changed my mind about sticking the high poly stuff, and never got round to getting rid of the high-poly section. So I do apologize for that, and it will come down.

Oh yeah, I won’t forget to title my work, and also remember to get rid of my telephone number too. wink.gif

@MoP

Actually that’s not a mistake, I was actually considered a genius at the age of seven, and my teacher decided to get me started on my A-levels. However, as I got older apparently I got dumber and dumber...errr, so I guess that explains that then I suppose...hmmmm...me and my poor excuses.

Anyway, thank you very much for spotting that, I can’t believe I missed that...DOH!!! confused.gif