Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

sketches and miscellaneous. also nudity

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
gauss polycounter lvl 18
i guess we'll start off with what probably got you to click on this topic crazy.gif

woman1.jpg

crosshatching is fun!
crosshatch.jpg
exosuit4.jpg

some sequentials i did a few months back, personal project/experimental style test.
astro_story1.jpg
astro_story2.jpg
astro_story3.jpg
astro_story4.jpg

oh, and i don't think i've posted this... but it's another WIP from some months ago that i need to get back to smile.gif

mmath_wip2.jpg

crits welcome

Replies

• Voodoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Voodoo polycounter lvl 18
    I'm really a big fan of your 2d work so no crits from me but I kind of hope blue pubes will never become a fad *crosses fingers*
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    that last one is the shit! the chick in it is meh, not so hot, but the design of the skull blockshoulderorganhead guy rocks.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Great stuff guassman, Great to see you pimping again. I like the chick, good use of color, and sparse lines. All of it is really nice, but the last one is my favorate, like Moose said, those shoulders are awesome. And they would be easy to model. 8-)
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    friggin badass. wonderful improvements.
    last one!!!
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    What's up with those cronic nosebleed guys? confused.gif

Great work, I exspecially like those cosmonauts, but that heart on the suitcase doesn't really fit.
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    astroman rocks! wooooo! laugh.gif

/me ponders zen like on the contents of the breifcase and realizes one does not need to know the contents, that with the case, being is enough

and you've been turning out some pretty sweet exoskeleton/armour designs smile.gif
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    gauss, these are all great. My favourite is the astroman + (what looks like) a technician. Only crit I have would be the one I gave lasttime with things looking a little unfinished - yet very much your style. *shrug*

Good job wink.gif
  • NoSeRider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NoSeRider polycounter lvl 18
    joustpic.jpg

I think they're great concepts too, but I just want to see them finished to the above Ostrich level.

• sniper 1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sniper 1 polycounter lvl 18
    anytime we can have more astroman is a good time. I've always liked that character and I would really like to know his background story.
  • swampbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    That skull box shoulder man is pretty dang cool. Very freaky.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    thanks everybody.

voodoo: who says it's not a blue pasty? they're all the rage in the future, what with global warming and all. ok so i just made that up, but who's to say that's not the story with that picture? smile.gif

moose: thanks, i've been meaning to post that to get some motivation to complete it, since it's very far from done. the title is 'Moribund Math' and, though i don't know what exactly is going on in the scene, i am very happy with the direction of the big skeleton guy's design. don't worry, it's not done by a long shot. i just recently cracked the psd file open again and started working--i'll post some closeups maybe.

poop: thanks man, i said above, i'm happy with it. and it would make a pretty fun model--the shoulder blocks are made of granite or some similar material, and at least some of the faces of the blocks are rough-hewn, which would be perfect for normal mapping.

thanks steady, good to hear from you. i hope you get postin' one of these days smile.gif

JKMakowka: all of the astronaut pictures (and he is an astronaut, not a cosmonaut; look up the pictures of the headgear from apollo astronauts) are part of a story. astroman is coming back from a mission in space and is going through a rigorous (if excessive) decontamination and quarantine procedures, which is why he's got all the tubes around and up his nose. he's not suffering any nosebleeds smile.gif
    and as far as the suitcase goes, the astroman character (also seen in my avatar) is just a long running character of mine. not that it explains it (as snemmy rightly points out, there is no explanation), but here's the original image with the heart on the suitcase if you're curious.

snemmy: yes, you understand the briefcase perfectly smile.gif i've always got more power armor designs hidden away somewhere.. one of these days i'll get back to the GiTS-style girl that EQ wants to see.

brome: yeah, these are pretty unfinished, which is partly my style--but contrary to my last post, the astroman sequentials are not concepts, they're part of a story. they were drawn under particular conditions: 1. i just really like the rough look of them, and 2. i gave myself a maximum of about an hour or so to draw them, one page a day. needless to say i stopped after about 5 days, but were i to choose to maintain it i could.

noserider: thanks, but as i mentioned above not all of them are full-fledged concepts. the piece with the skeleton fellow, however, will most certainly get finished to a level up to or beyond 'ostrich standards' smile.gif

sniper: thank you, as i explained above those are pages to a storyline... i've removed the text from the pages and omitted certain pages because i don't think it's quite ready for prime time. but maybe one of these days i'll actually have a story to tell.

swampbug: thanks, i'm keen on working up that character to its full potential. smile.gif oh, as mentioned, here's a detail from that piece at full resolution:
    mmath_detail.jpg
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Oh jack sweetie. You know I like it rough...

Seriously though the rough ones really stand out for me personally. I love the woman. I don't see enough color work outta you.
  • swampbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    yeah that close up!. very great!.. I just love the incorperation of basic shapes, with subtle details running though them.