Model : Sod.X
Texture : Myself

water_18083.jpg

Replies

• swampbug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    swampbug polycounter lvl 18
    The texture can use a few minor things. Ya know. to push it a little further.

Ends of gun tips. Basicly its a grey circle with a black hole in it. Consider highlighting the grey ring on top, and giving a shadow to the opposite side. Bevel that sucka! smile.gif

The barrel tubes are pretty plain also. I like gradients that flow across the whole length. Very subtle too. and one streak of hightlight should catch your eye if they are spinning.

I'd also suggest putting darker areas where 2 faces meet in a tight corner.

cool.
  • Renardin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Renardin polycounter lvl 18
    Will see what I can do laugh.gif thx for the comment.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    You might even want to try starting with a light bake. Bobo has a tutorial for that very thing.
    http://www.bobotheseal.com/tuts_vertex_bake01.htm
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Haha thats awesome. GDI vs. Nod (the first C&C) was awesome. Kane was the shit wink.gif Glad to see some interest in reviving the series in a 3D platform.

Your model is really tight. Looks great. My only critique would be on the texture. You seem to have the actualy TEXTURE of the texture (make sense?) down, but theres no indication of high or low lights. Consider where things will be need some high/low lights (end of the gun, corners/edges of the metal on the gun).