Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

new website

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
snemmy polycounter lvl 18
SocialNemesis' Cottage/Portfolio

finally did a new design or even updated for that matter. must've been over a year since my last update to the old layout. having graduated college now i thought i needed something a bit more 'professional' looking that i can link to for empoloyers to look at.. though as my girlfriend pointed out it my "SocialNemesis" nick might throw them off a bit. oh well. wink.gif

feel free to critique anything there or tell me what's broken. i already know one issue i cant figure out. on IE:Mac 5.2 the center tags do not seem to want to work.

Replies

• gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    looks good clean and sharp to me, buddy. two thoughts that occur: well for one i think you might consider rationing your useage of photoshop filters. you're not over the top, but decreasing your reliance on them will only push your grasp of graphic design craft. the second thought, also relating to the graphic design trade, is that i'd like to see your cd and dvd layouts nearly twice as big as you've posted them. i know i'm running 1600x1200, but graphics people (the kind that would be looking at that section of your portfolio) probably want to see them bigger, too. but it is a nice crisp homepage, good job.
  • Zeldrik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zeldrik polycounter lvl 18
    Is it just me or do some of the images open in a new page and some don't? Kind of annoying when I close your page accidently, otherwise it looks good.
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    okay, all the images should open in a new window now. thanks for pointing that out. i thought i got them all.

gauss: yeah ill get bigger images up at a later date. right now im using the low rez images from my college portfolio class. the high rez ones are completely unoptimized and full size/dpi. and god knows i need to do a ton of renaming of files and some better organization on the backend. but i just needed to get somethign new and current up.

and yes i know i rely on filters too much. frown.gif
  • Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    question...how do you get a Cottage and whats the max upload size for one of those? Yes...I'm still a polycount n00b...