Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

game demo

Ruz
polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
Ruz polycount lvl 666
just released this small game demo, gameplay is not much , but it might amuse for 5 minutes.
Just pleased to have finally released it. nect time we will focus more on the gameplay aspects
smile.gif
http://www.skinnybobthejester.com/

Replies

• iansnyder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iansnyder polycounter lvl 18
    Really nice little demo! Inspirational smile.gif
  • Painreliever
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Painreliever polycounter lvl 18
    Might want to change the link on the 5th picture from a .jpg to a .jpe.

Looks cool!
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    hate getting that blue star thing at the entrance, taking life for falling is no fun =(

looking pretty good, the frame rate was pretty bad for what it was drawing.

some love to the sound fx/music would do wonders for your game demo.

thanks for sharing!
  • iansnyder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iansnyder polycounter lvl 18
    Just played it some more... It is sort of a shame that it looks so wonderful, and if you spent just a little more time with it, it would be pretty awesome. One thing for the programmer: check your collision detection, because you can hold jump and he climbs up walls! Then you get stuck on a ledge and fall to your death :\

The art is awesome, really like the animations, and his fall animation is funny. Well, I am very interested in video game design, so I will stop my ramblings, but if you would like any input on how to improve things please send me an e-mail!
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I got another coder interested in improving the demo , so I may get the outstanding issues dealt with anyway.
    Thanks for the comments guys.
    Killig people, yeah forgot about that entrance star. When I did that we didn't have the fall from height damage coded. Should have taken it out really.

its a it slow because there is no occlusion and from some parts of the level its drawing everything in view at once.( i think)
    Blitz engine is not too hot with lots of surfaces either
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Well, runs sweet on my nvidia 6800 smile.gif Looking very nice Mike. I dunno how you find the time. It could use some kind of turn animation in there instead of him pivoting on the spot like that. Hows the blitz engine to work with?

Only problem i found was this weird stray vertex that kept eminating from the guards axe:

http://home.comcast.net/~dpattenden/images/ruz.jpg
  • palm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    palm polycounter lvl 18
    Haha. Cool.=) Got 17 stars at most before I gave up.=P
    I’m not going to complain about the sound etc, I think you guys are aware of the problems. It’s a big achievement to get this far on your own.

Good luck with your project.
    /Palm
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    It was completely unplayable on my work computer, but it's only using an Intel Graphics card, so that's likely the reason. I just thought I'd give you an idea of some hardware it doesn't work well with wink.gif

Also, after I installed it, there were no shortcuts to start the game on my computer. Only the uninstall appeared in the start menu. Nothing on the desktop or the quick launch.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    Thanks Daz I will, look at that . I notice when i run it the axe sometimes disappears for a second.

Yeah wish i had more time to work on this stuff. will do a run when i get time.

Blitz engine is cool as its got a great 3dsmax pipeline so its easy to get something up and running quick.

Notman, try and edit the config file so you run it in 16 bit and a low resolution. worth a shot

hey cool palm, didin't you find the key to the cottage?