Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Some sketches , ideas

polycounter lvl 18

Replies

• poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Man, the first one is my favorate, I love the mainterly mixing of the tones. The color on is a bit weak imo, You should try to mix in a few really saturated tones. For inspiration on that, check out the work of Van Goh. He would use a pallette knife to just plop on color right out of the tube, but it did not look out of place in the slightest.

The last one is pretty cool too. Use more color!!
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    The colour one is sortof inspired by Lucien Frueds work ... his stuff is sorta cold looking always , and like dead flesh ... its very odd ... funny you like the fist one , it only took me a few minutes ... the rest all took at least half an hour ... i think i work better quick. armour and general mecha is where i really lack any ability , so most of my pics are of nude , or near nude figures ... as for colour ... i was thinking of doing some in colour tonight , ill post em here ....
  • NuclearTes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NuclearTes polycounter lvl 18
    I love the last one. It's very dark and evil looking. I always find it difficult to draw monsters, especially the features of the face. I never seem to be able to paint a nice grimace.

The elven archer somehow reminds me of the work of Masamune Shirow. I think it's the way you painted the undies and her face. I think her arms and her stomach are bit too masculine though. A women useally has a much smaller waist and the muscles are less defined, even when she's very strong the muscles are covered with a thin layer of fat. Women have more fat then men. wink.gif
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    hehe , your dead right ... i was figuring the strength needed for a composite bow is imense.. so i gave her biger muscles on her right arm .. but , like you say , women have more fat , so her muscles would be less defined .. Shirows art .. thats the second time if been compared to him im the last few weeks ... must be a sign smile.gif