Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Tekaman (WIP)

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
Anyone ever hear of this old anime series ... well ,i always liked the mecha in it , so i grabed this reference
teks1.gif

and made this model , its not really meant to be a certail polycount , but as "like" the ref as i could get
tekp1.jpg

this is a sorta time out from other project , but it has made me remake certain parts of my genrik rig , so its easyer to mold round different chars ...

C&C plz

Replies

• Steakhouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steakhouse polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, in the US it was called Technoman and it only lasted a season. Was bloody good too. The sequel series was crap though. Totally lost the original focus.
  • ironbearxl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbearxl polycounter lvl 18
    Wow thats a great representation of the original, the body is top notch, but the modeling of the head and neck don't match the ref pic exactly. The emblem in the center of his forehead is thinner than the ref pic's, and his neck shouldn't be very noticeable (could just be the perspective of the shot though).
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey steak , i think i actually forgot a k in there , its actually "Tekkaman Blade" i never saw the anime ... but i did have a model kit of the main suit ....

Iron : your right about the neck head n stuff , theres loads of areas i need to tighten up, the perspective of the shot didnt help ...

Ive done the crappiest peice of animationusing this model , if i can get it down to a small size , ill post it for all you to laugh at smile.gif
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Generally I don't find interest in models based off of manga characters (do to saturation) but this is turning out pretty rad. Would like to see more reference images if possible - the ones you've posted are a little blurry/out of focus see well. Its still a WIP so I'm sure you know this, but it seems theres a few components of his shoulders that are missing. Also looks like you may have too many polys for his forearm area - same look might be achieved with less sides of the cylindar used for his arm. *shrug*
  • PeterK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeterK greentooth
    Not alot of people have been around long enough to remember, But Mag made an amazing Tekaman model for quake 2 several years ago (q2 pmp days). If you still have the tools to view quake 2 models, I HIGHLY recommend you find and download that model for review.
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brome : yeah , theres lots of areas needing work .. mostly the angles of things like the boosters on the back , and yes parts of the arms , legs and body ... im not too bothered about polycount ... but i do want to get it looking right , unfortunately , this is the only ref i can find on this spesific suit. a google does bring up other results , but mostly from the anime , not of the model .. so it looks different .

PeterK : hehe , i only got the internet at home in 2000 i think ... due to being poor ... although i had it at uni for a few years before that .. although , i think i remember seeing a model of one of the tekkaman suits, i think ill try to get the kit , then ive got the best reference posible smile.gif
  • Herr-Maestro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Herr-Maestro polycounter lvl 18