Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

sketch_08: Sherlock Holmes Vaporizer

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
cjwidd polycounter lvl 2
This is my first time doing a proper product render. I recall reading a comment from Ivan Santic where he said he found himself spending more time working on post than on rendering - which at the time was something I could not relate to. After this small project, I understand.

*original concept by Steve Bae 

Replies

• BramZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BramZ polycounter lvl 4
  • jaker3278
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jaker3278 polycounter lvl 8
    The concept behind this is very nice to see, i for one would could see vaporizers of this design being very popular, especially if you could use a variety of substances in the vaporization compartment. The Sherlock Holmes reverence positioned between The + and the - symbols is a spiritual position and while smoking could be of great consequence.

Could you explain to me the technique you used to make the surface texture in the bole of the pipe. 

Every mark of so called technical "imperfection" in the piece, would be lovely to see on the real world counterpart. 

Can you take it apart? And also what substances can you smoke in a device like this? 

Congratulations and the different materials used on the pipe.  
  • cjwidd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cjwidd polycounter lvl 2
    jaker3278 said:
    The concept behind this is very nice to see, i for one would could see vaporizers of this design being very popular, especially if you could use a variety of substances in the vaporization compartment. The Sherlock Holmes reverence positioned between The + and the - symbols is a spiritual position and while smoking could be of great consequence.

Could you explain to me the technique you used to make the surface texture in the bole of the pipe. 

Every mark of so called technical "imperfection" in the piece, would be lovely to see on the real world counterpart. 

Can you take it apart? And also what substances can you smoke in a device like this? 

Congratulations and the different materials used on the pipe.  
    Hey, thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate it :)

Regarding your comments:
    1. Could you explain to me the technique you used to make the surface texture in the bole of the pipe. 
    It's actually leather texture from Poliigon

2. Can you take it apart? And also what substances can you smoke in a device like this? 
    I would image you could disengage the head piece from the neck / tail of the pipe. Because it is a vaporizer, I would expect it to support primarily liquid / oil substances.
  • Counstantine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dude I really think you should protect this idea.
    This idea could make you a lot of money.
  • cjwidd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cjwidd polycounter lvl 2
    Dude I really think you should protect this idea.
    This idea could make you a lot of money.
    I appreciate your enthusiasm, but in fact the original design is by Steve Bae, as indicated in the bottom of the post. Apparently Peterson Pipes contacted the original author after requests for the design. I do not own the design and any resemblances are purely coincidental.