Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Alien weapon

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
MarcoAntonio polycounter lvl 6
Hellooooo!

Well. The other day I started this project. It took me 10 hours  and it doesn´t look good at all but... it was just a test so it is not a problem at all. I still wanted to know your opinion guys. What do you think about it?

[I removed this project because it was too old]

Replies

• BramZ
    Offline / Send Message
    BramZ polycounter lvl 4
    Dammn.  Insane work! O.o
  • jaker3278
    Offline / Send Message
    jaker3278 polycounter lvl 8
    I think for 10 hours of work that you see as a test that it will benefit your progression. The way it is constructed, designed and modeled shows understanding of form, structure, function. You are also showing a strong flare for design in the way you have made this pieces. i dont see a lot of people using flowing organic shapes such as you have early on in their development. You have skills that if you carry on will create very unique and technical pieces of Art. 

Please find the time to continue with your work because you are unique.  
  • MarcoAntonio
    Offline / Send Message
    BramZ said:
    Dammn.  Insane work! O.o
    jaker3278 said:
    I think for 10 hours of work that you see as a test that it will benefit your progression. The way it is constructed, designed and modeled shows understanding of form, structure, function. You are also showing a strong flare for design in the way you have made this pieces. i dont see a lot of people using flowing organic shapes such as you have early on in their development. You have skills that if you carry on will create very unique and technical pieces of Art. 

Please find the time to continue with your work because you are unique.  
    Thanks Guys!!!! This really means a lot to me. I still have a lot to do. It is a bit difficult sometimes because I am working during the day but in the future I want to become a 3D artist and that keeps me going.
  • LokiDokie
    Offline / Send Message
    LokiDokie polycounter lvl 7
    This is awesome :D i love the shape and its so organic but technical at the same time. Its a great mash up.
    I think theres some parts around the handle that look a little strange but its all part of the learning process. 
    Don't give up anyone can be a 3D artist with time and pratice :D
    Are you planning to texture it at all? 
  • MarcoAntonio
    Offline / Send Message
    LokiDokie said:
    Are you planning to texture it at all? 
    Nope. I just wanted to test some ideas. In that matter I succeeded but some shapes (the handle as you said for example) are not good enough. I could give it more time but I want to practice those ideas and the only way is doing more projects with theme. 
  • cjwidd
    Offline / Send Message
    cjwidd polycounter lvl 2
    Iunno what you're talking about man, I think it looks awesome +1
    Not super stoked about the muzzle break, but the rest is awesome
  • MarcoAntonio
    Offline / Send Message
    cjwidd said:
    Iunno what you're talking about man, I think it looks awesome +1
    Not super stoked about the muzzle break, but the rest is awesome
    Thanks cjwidd!!! But I still think that some parts are just wrong. They just don´t have a "right" flow and composition.But I can't improve it because I don´t have much time and I prefer to start a new project.
  • VisualTech48
    Offline / Send Message
    VisualTech48 triangle
    Really nice, be nitpicky, that is good, however, this is an amazing piece. Keep it up!