Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Robot Mech

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
sargisstg polycounter lvl 6
Hi Polycount community .

I want share my latest work. I made it for study and trying my new skills (rigging and animation). Never before done any animation and rigging. So it's my first time :smiley:  I'm also uploaded to cgtrader if you wanna to buy here is the link 
https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/character/sci-fi/robot-c1b350e7-71cc-4ddb-8a01-f4776ccbbd99
Render images done in Marmoset Toolbag 3.
Comments and critics are welcome. Below I will attach sketchfab scene to view animation too.

model

Check my Arstation portfolio to see my other works!
https://www.artstation.com/sargistergrigoryan

Thank you very much! 

Replies

• VisualTech48
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VisualTech48 triangle
    The piece is looking neat, material wise it, the edges where there are these classic 45* degree cuts, should be more inserted in my opinion, and as well the 45* angles are a bit too standard, what is the purpose of these lines? Is it how the object is constructed or?

The second thing I would enhance the glass a lot more, make it more curved (if there is glass there, not really sure, as well the bolts at the corner, I find it odd, and why would be 5 bolts or indents be there?

I do try to do such my self, everything has to have some sort of purpose towards the object as it makes it more believable. 

Materials are on par, really like the burnt out colour, and the metal looks really nice.

Hope it helps, cheers
  • sargisstg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sargisstg polycounter lvl 6
    The piece is looking neat, material wise it, the edges where there are these classic 45* degree cuts, should be more inserted in my opinion, and as well the 45* angles are a bit too standard, what is the purpose of these lines? Is it how the object is constructed or?

The second thing I would enhance the glass a lot more, make it more curved (if there is glass there, not really sure, as well the bolts at the corner, I find it odd, and why would be 5 bolts or indents be there?

I do try to do such my self, everything has to have some sort of purpose towards the object as it makes it more believable. 

Materials are on par, really like the burnt out colour, and the metal looks really nice.

Hope it helps, cheers
    Thank you for comment! :) . I used concept art for modeling and texturing found on internet. Here it is. Those black lines I drew looking on the picture. What about glass I think you should see in sketchfab from different angle. Maybe from this angles it's not visible. Thank you again for comment.