Realistic woman head WIP (Critique please)

Working on this face right now, my goal is to make a realistic face of a woman and render it in Arnold with xgen hair. Right now it is being shown in marmoset 3. But the textures should be translatable. I would like feedback if anyone is interested.

Replies

• Mehran Khan
    Offline / Send Message
    Mehran Khan polycounter lvl 4
    This is very nice. here is my set of critique,
    1-The nose area needs more love, both in terms of sculpting and in terms of texturing, the sides of the nostrils are not registering so well.
    2- the eyes can be moved in a bit I guess, because the around around the nose-bridge does not look deep enough, but that could be something from the reference you are working with.
    3-lips look great, but the bright-reds in the lower lips can be worked on I guess.
    4-The eyes themselves need more detailing around the eyelids, they look abit simplified right now.
    look at hussain Diba's work for  how your model should look like when grey shaded, as it is hard to assume that when you are working zbrush and real world reference photos, because of lighting and sss.

• AndresZambrano
    Thanks for the critique, I'll revise and update sometime today hopefully.
  • AndresZambrano
    Here are some updates, I tried to apply the critique fixes, and changed more things as well as sketched out some hair/eyebrows to preview her better in zbrush. Next step will be to texture the eyes and probably make a specular map for the face to make the lips and nose more shiny maybe.

• carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero interpolator
    If I may suggests few things :
    Frontal eminences,temporal line, glabella and superciliary arches need revision , cheeks corner looks too sharp ,width of the forehead too wide , form above lips and bellow nose and nasolabial fold should be convex -> nasolabial fold is not where it should be , side plane of the nose is suspiciously wide , sternocleidomastoid tendon have strange trajectory and possible sternal portion of the muscle is missing , node of the mouth missing , probably depth and curvature of the mouth is not right too but cant tell without side view

• AndresZambrano
    If I may suggests few things :
    Frontal eminences,temporal line, glabella and superciliary arches need revision , cheeks corner looks too sharp ,width of the forehead too wide , form above lips and bellow nose and nasolabial fold should be convex -> nasolabial fold is not where it should be , side plane of the nose is suspiciously wide , sternocleidomastoid tendon have strange trajectory and possible sternal portion of the muscle is missing , node of the mouth missing , probably depth and curvature of the mouth is not right too but cant tell without side view

That was really specific, thank you! I will try to fix those. I've already changed the position of the eyes a lot because here she looks a bit like an alien with the eyes too high and too wide apart. I will work on what you pointed out and update. Thanks again.
  • AndresZambrano
    Update as of today, I tried to go back and sculpt based on some critiques and face scans I found online. If there are more things I could improve on anatomy wise please let me know.
  • carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero interpolator
    Its easy to show you then to explain so I have attached few references that hopefully will clear some of the areas you have problems with .Over all big forms are great , skull have good definition but you have some problem with eye socket area and fat and muscle around it I suggest you do a study of eye socket brow zygomatic and nose then add basic form for the eye and fat above it .Do this few times till you make it right

• AndresZambrano
  • AndresZambrano
    Updated face, and textures. Still have some fixes to do on the upper eyelids, and the skin texture. Not sure if I like the skin pores on the nose as they are now, I think they are a bit too strong.