Home Unity

Why the material is different in unity?

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hassan polycounter lvl 2
Hello everyone, I have an issue and I need help in it please, here is two screenshots, one from 3D coat and the other is from unity, why the material in unity isn't displayed as it is in 3D coat,  why is that? 

3D coat: 

Unity:

Shader settings: 

in the metallic, I inserted the mettalnes map with roughness map in the alpha channel exported from 3D coat. 

Replies

• jStins
    Offline / Send Message
    jStins interpolator
    Keep in mind that lighting in any 3D viewer (3D Coat, Substance, etc...) is different than the lighting in Unity. I suggest spending some time lighting the scene in Unity before you worry too much about what might be wrong with the specific material / textures. Some things you may want to look into regarding lighting the scene in Unity:

• Light baking
    • Reflection probes
    • Light probes

I'm not sure about 3D Coat specifically, but a lot of real-time renderers use HDR images to light the scene as well. 
  • SnoozerBear
    Unity calculates light and reflections in a much more efficient ways than 3Dcoat does, because of their different roles and needs. Although some names are the same (normal map, light map, etc) your approach to unity materials should be totally different from 3D modeling tools. I suggest spending time with shaders. Baking lights and making  your own costume textures and reflection maps would be a good start too.