Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: On 3DS Max 2017

eblgraphics
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
eblgraphics polycounter lvl 3
Good afthernoon,
During my leaning curve I have come to the part were I need to create a color ID set for characters in 3Ds Max 2017 

Folowing the video tutorial on YouTube I go to Utilities -- MAXScript -- Run Script, followed by selecting the MaxRun.ms script to run.

Max then returns an error titled "MAXScript Fileln Exeption" with the content of: 

Runtime error: Traceback (most recently call last):
ImportError: No module named lib

Please tell me how to fix this issue since creating the color ID manually will eat up the time Quixel is saving us.

Regards
Licence user: eblgraphics

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter

Hi!

The Colors tool is currently being worked on by its developer to address compatibility issues with the newest versions of Autodesk toolsets. I have no ETA or any timeframe for a release date, but it is currently being fixed! In the meantime, however, there are many free alternatives. My best advice would be to try using a tool like xNormal (available from www.xnormal.net) to bake ID maps, or hand-paint IDs using Photoshop. You can also use your modeling package to create IDs from your UV shells, too!

My apologies for the bad news - please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

• eblgraphics
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eblgraphics polycounter lvl 3
    Thanks for the reply and no prob we will create a workaround now that we know the issue is not on our end.