Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Schoolgirl - 小女孩

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Chrysanthi polycounter lvl 6
This is the new project i'll be working on! It is based on this awesome concept:

Link: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/kdqAd
Check out the artists portfolio, he has some super cool colorful characters! :D

The style i am going for is inspired mostly from the game Hyper Universe. I believe it fits this character a lot. I use this video to reference the proportions and to check out the characters and their skins:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_pHB6yhoeM

I started blocking out, nothing exciting yet. i' m thinking of using Marvelous Designer for the school uniform to learn the basics of the software.
Any kind of feedback is always appreciated of course! ^_^

Replies

• Chrysanthi
    Offline / Send Message
    Clothing progress
    Posting some progress of my high poly. I think i want to reshape the skirt because i'mm not 100% of the way it looks. I need to work on the arms and the legs next! Feedback is always welcome! ^_^

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Good start on this!
    I definitly think there is a couple of thing that could be fixed about the anatomy however.
    In some shot the sternocleidomastoid looks a bit odd,it gives a weird curved look like its going toward the neck center instead of toward the back of the ears. I believe the shoulder are also a bit too round. I would also rework the scapula area which looks a bit odd at the moment.
    On the last shot the but also looks like it's has a bit of a weird shape to it, it looks like it's pulled from the side, gotta add some meat in the inside/middle of the cheek too!

Regardless of all that, nice start, looking forward to see where you take this
  • Chrysanthi
    Offline / Send Message
    @Tits Thank you so much! Yes, i definitely need to fix the anatomy, i probably should have done it sooner but i got carried away with the cute clothes... XD
    Your feedback is super helpful! I'll work on it the next few days! :smiley:
  • Chrysanthi
    Offline / Send Message
    Worked on the anatomy, i tried to fix all the problematic areas. Not too happy with the changes i did on the head-neck area. I'll probably go back to the slimmer face, it looks a bit wide at the moment. I didn't spend too much on areas that will be covered.
    Also, i think i am almost done with the clothes, i need to work on the shoes and do some touch ups.
    Feedback is more than welcome! Especially on the anatomy and how similar the face is to the concept! :smile:

• AgelosAp
    Offline / Send Message
    AgelosAp polycounter
    This is looking good, I think you obviously leveled up since the mech! Feedback:
    1. Rotate the ears outwards so they stick out a little more
    2. The underboob area looks boxy, probably a little deeper crease and some smoothing of the curvature would help(especially on the 3/4 view on the bottom left, you can see it's more like a rounded rectangle)
    3. Cloth seams on shirt are a bit simple, I think if you run a dam_standard  with low strength on each side of the existing seam it would look better
    4. You could form the thighs a little more and exaggerate their shape.
    5. For similarity towards the concept the eyes are more even on it, meaning you should rotate the left eye counter clock-wise and the right one clock-wise, so the outter edge of the eyelids are even with the tear duct. This is a stylistic choice though, personally I like the face you got here.
    6. Maybe make the mouth a little narrower
    Hope this helps and isn't too much! Keep it up!
  • Chrysanthi
    Offline / Send Message
    @AgelosAp
    Wow really helpful comments! Thank you so much for the feedback and the good words! :smiley:
  • Enalya
    I love the concept art indeed! Can't wait to see where it's going, I'm following this one :)
  • Chrysanthi
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharing some more progress. I am pretty happy with the she looks at the moment so i'll move on modeling the gun. I still want to get back to her to work on the anatomy of the legs, the fingers and do various touch ups!
    Feedback is always welcome of course! :smiley:

• Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Hi!
    Take it or leave it but I did some paint over for the face.
    What's bugging me the most is mostly how ''deep'' the back of the cranium/nape is. On the side view the neck is super wide and the back of the head is coming out way too far.
    If you look at a bald head, see how the nape of the neck is higher and way closer to the ear than yours, 
    Image result for bald woman profile
    Also I did some small suggestion regarding eye size, jaw /face shape from the front and also to the chin in profile, I believe it could be brought forward a bit for a more natural profile and 3/4 view
    I believe that the head can be polished a bit, I feel it currently looks a bit odd on the profile view (mostly because of the neck/head area and 3/4 view because of how back the chin is.

• Chrysanthi
    Offline / Send Message
    @Tits Thank you for the feedback, i didn't notice the mistakes on the cranium and the head/neck area!
    The suggestions for the face are really interesting but i don't know if they suit the cartoony/anime style i am going for. I'll try them nonetheless! :smiley:
  • Chrysanthi
    Offline / Send Message
    These two weeks i worked on the gun and i believe its almost finished! I had to do a paintover over the concept because a part of it isn't clear (please don't judge my 2D skills... lol).
    Of course i had to change some small things since they didn't work in 3D space.

• Chrysanthi
    Offline / Send Message
    I think the high poly is close to done! I still want to do some small touch ups though.
    I'd really appreciate some feedback at this point, before i move on the next phase! ^_^

• andyvargas
    Offline / Send Message
    andyvargas polycounter lvl 5
    she looks totally so so so so cool! i love her so much! everything!
  • Chrysanthi
    Offline / Send Message
    @andyvargas Thank you for your nice words!!! ^_^
  • Chrysanthi
    Offline / Send Message
    Done with the final touch ups! I changed the legs a bit and added some folds on her panties!
    I'm moving to the retopo part! :smile:

• Chrysanthi
    Offline / Send Message
    Long time no post! The last couple of months were very busy for me so i didn't have much time for personal stuff. Now i have finally more free time in my routine so i am going to continue working on this! :smiley:
    Sharing my topology and bakes! I still need to do some touch ups though, after that i'm moving on to the textures!

• Chrysanthi
    Offline / Send Message
    Posting some texture progress. I have mostly worked on the skin and the eyes. For everything else i put some basic colors and materials for preview purposes. I am pretty happy with the way she looks so far but i still have a lot to do.

• Rikard86
    Offline / Send Message
    Rikard86 polycounter lvl 5

• Liking the texturing on the face so far. ;);)
    • Her eyes seem to be bulging out a bit a bit at the bottom, so if you don't want to properly pose her face you should close them a bit.
    • I think you could have spared a few extra polygons for the hair, especially for the bangs around her fringe which seem a bit too jaggy when compared to the what's around it. You can still go back and change that if you haven't started texturing it properly.
  • Chrysanthi
    Offline / Send Message
    @Rikard86 Yes the thing with the hair was bothering me too! I'm going to add some loops!
    And you are right about the eyes, they will look better if i close them a bit.
    Thanks a lot for the feedback! :smiley:
  • Chrysanthi
    Offline / Send Message
    I finally found time over the weekend to finish my textures on this girl! Feedback is highly appreciated! ^_^

• VelvetFury
    Offline / Send Message
    VelvetFury polycounter lvl 7
    its looking pretty amazing 
  • Chrysanthi
    Offline / Send Message
  • slosh
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    She looks pretty good!  I'm not a fan of how the japanese text gets flipped on the gun handle.  is that cuz of mirroring?  I would give the other side proper UV space and either put the same text but oriented correctly or something else.  Feels a bit lazy to leave it as is.  Just my ten cents...
  • pq_zone
  • Chrysanthi
    Offline / Send Message
    @slosh I actually didn't think about that, I wanted to save space on my UVs but, you are right, it doesn't look good... XD
    i'll definitely fix it! Thank you so much for the feedback!   :)
  • kawaiispacekillers
    Offline / Send Message
    kawaiispacekillers polycounter lvl 6
    Nice sculpt ! like slosh, it's even the same prob with little graphic on the gun, on side it's hided by the sangle holder, but i really really like your sculpt ! 
  • Chrysanthi
    Offline / Send Message
    And i am finally done with this project! I really learned a lot about stylized character modeling and texturing. ^_^

Artstation post: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/KaJKRB

• kanga
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Great work! Very nice anatomy.
  • Chrysanthi
    Offline / Send Message