Home Marmoset

Free Update: Toolbag 3.04 - Viewer animations, lots of baker stuff and more!

We’ve just released a huge update to Toolbag! Jump to our site for more information: https://www.marmoset.co/posts/free-update-toolbag-304/

The latest version features tons of new baker features, including new maps, texture set support, a revised interface and more. Viewer now supports animations, refraction and fog. There’s a new stand alone Viewer application which makes it easy to view .mview files. Volumetric, shadow casting fog is now supported in both Toolbag and Viewer. We’ve revamped the shadow system as well with higher resolution shadows and reduced artifacts. Visit our site to download the installer and learn more about the exciting new additions.

Replies

• ik3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ik3d polycounter lvl 4
    Looks and works great! The viewer update is awesome too something that everyone been asking for a while is finally here, great job guys. I have a few questions regarding the Viewer. Do you have any plans to support multiple cameras and a way of having multiple animations? 
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ik3d said:
    Looks and works great! The viewer update is awesome too something that everyone been asking for a while is finally here, great job guys. I have a few questions regarding the Viewer. Do you have any plans to support multiple cameras and a way of having multiple animations? 
    Both of these are supported now. With the lates build, any cameras that are visible in the scene will export to the .mview file (hidden cameras do not export).

As far as multiple animations, you can use the animation set feature in Toolbag to create looping sets, which will export to viewer as well (the user will get a dropdown to select the animation). You can learn more about animation sets in episode 3 here: https://www.marmoset.co/posts/getting-to-know-toolbag-3/
  • ik3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ik3d polycounter lvl 4
    ik3d said:
    Both of these are supported now. With the lates build, any cameras that are visible in the scene will export to the .mview file (hidden cameras do not export).

As far as multiple animations, you can use the animation set feature in Toolbag to create looping sets, which will export to viewer as well (the user will get a dropdown to select the animation). You can learn more about animation sets in episode 3 here: https://www.marmoset.co/posts/getting-to-know-toolbag-3/
    Oh that's great news, thank you for the information and the link I'll take a look!
  • ik3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ik3d polycounter lvl 4
    So everything works great! However I have another question, are there any plans in the near futute for material animation support inside the viewer?

Thanks
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ik3d said:
    So everything works great! However I have another question, are there any plans in the near futute for material animation support inside the viewer?

Thanks
    Animated material properties which are supported in Toolbag (uv scrolling, emissive intensity, etc) are supported in Viewer as well.
  • ik3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ik3d polycounter lvl 4
    Oh okay, I'll give it a few tests again then. I tried animating emissive intensity previously but it didn't seem export into the viewer. Thank you for the information.

EDIT:

Okay never mind works like a charm  :#